The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

173 posts Page 9 of 12
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
It's fascinating but I'll never keep everyone straight in my head!
I'm a bit disappointed that only a hundred or so have responded. And for that matter, that the forum has 8000+ members who have never posted anything.

Those of us that are here every day know this diet works and enjoy the benefits, but are we a tiny minority and thousands hate it/have given up/never started but are too polite (or lazy) to mention it?
I know there are a fair few users that just want to use the tracker and not be part of the community. I can probably find out how many of our members have actually visited in recent weeks/months, even if they haven't posted.

Maybe I should try to send out an email to all the 'inactive' members and encourage them back to try to find out why they don't post - whether the method didn't suit/work for them, whether they didn't try etc. That would be interesting!
But first, Cerulean Blue - here in the West Country we had beautiful sun rises on Sunday and Monday - the light blue sky below the redish clouds is Cerulean Blue.

Where do you come from?
Enfield, Middlesex, UK

Where do you live now?
Zumerzet

How old are you?
Got past free TV licence (doesn’t improve the programmes, though)

What do you "do"?
Retirement - it can be tough as we never get a day off, ruins the weekends.

What are your hobbies/interests?
Baking bread, cooking in general, watercolour painting, travel, the news, reading and, of course, OH.

What do you wish you had more time for?
All of the above I’ve time for, though not enough funds and physicality.

Do you have a partner and/or kids?
Yes/yes and grand ones as well.

Do you have any pets?
No.

What's your favourite colour?
Whatever I’m painting at the time.

What's your favourite film?
Jungle Book, the cartoon version.

What's your favourite song or band?
Benny Goodman’s Carnegie Hall Jazz Concerrt January 16th, 1938, quite like ‘Dark Side of the Moon and many others.

What's your desktop wallpaper?
Not sure I understand the question, though I did try it once but it wouldn’t stick to the shiny surface.
@dennispc are you on Wildfood, too? I am, but not as PennyForthem.
Finally, here we go:

Where do you come from?
Enschede, The Netherlands

Where do you live now?
Enschede, The Netherlands, indeed, not a very adventurous type of guy :sleepy:

How old are you?

What do you "do"?
I teach and do research in policy analysis, University of Twente

What are your hobbies/interests?
Lots of sports: speedskating, organising speedskating races (400 meter track), bit of running, supporting the local Football club. Fancy to watch some cricket, but since the BBC is the only UK TV station to be seen over here there is not much to be seen any more :cry:

What do you wish you had more time for?
Read some good books while sitting in the sun (which includes me not only needing more time, but also needing to consider emigration to a country with a different climate).

Do you have a partner and/or kids?
Wife and two (grown up) kids

Do you have any pets?
No

What's your favourite colour?
Sorry, really don't have one

What's your favourite film?
Not in the habit of watching many. However favourite TV-series: Yes, Minister.

What's your favourite song or band?
Joe Jackson, Genesis (yes, daddy is getting old)

What's your desktop wallpaper?
No wallpaper, just a standard colour (did I already say I was not a very adventurous type :?: )
@dennispc
Loved your answers...made me giggle! :lol:
Where do you come from? Birmingham

Where do you live now? Northamptonshire

How old are you? (an age range will do!) early 60's

What do you "do"? Retired from work, busy as a grandparent.

What are your hobbies/interests? Grandchildren, wildlife, walking in the sun.

What do you wish you had more time for? Reading

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Yes, yes and 10 grandchildren.

Do you have any pets? Ageing boy cat.

What's your favourite colour? Currently red!

What's your favourite film? Bee Movie

What's your favourite song or band? Pink Floyd, Bach, John Martyn, Mahler.

What's your desktop wallpaper? Pink base colour.
dennispc wrote:
What do you "do"?
Retirement - it can be tough as we never get a day off, ruins the weekends.

It annoys me not to get paid sick leave. Fancy having to get sick on your own time!
Where do you come from? I am from Germany

Where do you live now? Half a world away, in Perth Western Australia

How old are you? 43 :shock:

What do you "do"? I am a ' cat herder' , also known as project manager. Since coming to australia 14 years ago, I have been working in the ICT industry and slowly gaining weight

What are your hobbies/interests? Gardening, food, sustainable living, more food, bread baking, reading and did I mention food?

What do you wish you had more time for? Me and my partner

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Yes, OH, no kids

Do you have any pets? Not at the moment, too busy life style

What's your favourite colour? Purple

What's your favourite film? Don't have one

What's your favourite song or band? I listen to a lot of different styles of music, probably easier to list what i don't like: rap and hip/hop

What's your desktop wallpaper? Coastline from down south
Hello and welcome Miphi! Good to meet you. Have fun doing 5:2 and good luck
:clover:
PennyForthem wrote: @dennispc are you on Wildfood, too? I am, but not as PennyForthem.

Yes I am, your photo looks familiar but can't place you. How much I post on any Forum depends on the weather, which is why I had time to fill in the survey.
carorees wrote: @dennispc
Loved your answers...made me giggle! :lol:

Why, thank you, I'm glad someone noticed! Deliberately I avoided smilies or exclamation marks - let the words speak for themselves, so said my school English teacher.

Whilst posting carorees, I'd like to encourage you and your helpers in your efforts to get statistical evidence together in a professional format - standard deviations, very impressive. All the best to those involved.
Where do you come from? - Originally i am from Oldham in Lancashire, then moved to the Isle Of Man for 8 years. then travelled around Australia/New Zealand for a year before i ended up in Sheffield. No plans to move as i love it here :like:

Where do you live now? As above ^^ :smile:

How old are you? 35 :cry:

What do you "do"? - I work for a software development company & my role is to manage the admin/accounts side of the business.I am also at university part time (in the PM after work) as i left school without A levels which means i am unable to get into university full time. I hope to be able to start a criminology/psychology degree in September 2014.

What are your hobbies/interests? - I love horse riding. I also enjoy reading, walking ( when i can get to the peaks), going to the cinema and going to music gigs.

What do you wish you had more time for? - Horse riding. I only have an hours lesson a week. Its not enough but it would be stupid of me to consider getting my own horse (due to financial/time reasons) . I cant afford to have anymore than one lesson either which sucks.

Do you have a partner and/or kids? - No. I am single pringle

Do you have any pets? - I house share & the Landlords own 3 cats & a dog. Do they count? :lol:

What's your favourite colour? ermm i have three favourite colours - pink, purple & green

What's your favourite film? - ooooh this is a tough one to call as there are many films that i love a lot.. I dont think i could choose one but here is a selection of my top ten - LOTR trilogy, Silence of the Lambs, Pulp Fiction, Shawshank Redemption

What's your favourite song or band? - again..very difficult to give just one. Favourite bands - The Killers, Fleetwood Mac, Take That, I love 80's/90's music plus i am huge fan of trance music especially from the late 90's/early 2000's.

What's your desktop wallpaper? - its currently london bridge (as it alternates between pics)
Here's mine:

Where do you come from? Anchorage, Alaska, USA

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty) Seattle, Washington, USA

How old are you? (an age range will do!) 39

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?) I'm a mom and a registered nurse

What are your hobbies/interests? spending time with my kids, travel, reading, walking

What do you wish you had more time for? reading

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Married with a 3 and 4 year old

Do you have any pets? cats

What's your favourite colour? don't really have one but probably purple?

What's your favourite film? Love Actually, Gone with the Wind, and Legally Blonde :)

What's your favourite song or band? Avett Brothers

What's your desktop wallpaper? Picture of my children
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
173 posts Page 9 of 12