The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

173 posts Page 8 of 12
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Where do you come from?
Cornwall

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty)
West Yorkshire

How old are you? (an age range will do!)

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?)
I'm an accounts manager

What are your hobbies/interests

I love to read scifi or fantasy I also like gaming role play mostly

What do you wish you had more time for?

Reading

Do you have a partner and/or kids?

No and no

Do you have any pets?

1 cat, a rescue one that came to live with me when my previous 2 cats died within about 3 months of each other

What's your favourite colour?

Blue

What's your favourite film?

At the moment Avatar but this is something that changes regularly

What's your favourite song or band?

Cousin Jack by Fishermans friends, this is also open to change

What's your desktop wallpaper?

A picture of two birds on a log one holding the others beak
Where do you come from?

Lincolnshire

Where do you live now?

Cumbria

How old are you?

Early 60s

What do you "do"?

Blissfully retired

What are your hobbies/interests?

Reading, Tai Chi, Tea Shop crawls on foot or bike

I have the time, I wish for better weather

One husband, no kids

Do you have any pets?

3 cats

Violet

I know where I'm going

Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis (Vaughan Williams)
A London Symphony and Symphony No 5 (Vaughan Williams)
A German Requiem (Brahms)

A deserted Norfolk beach
I have been skulking around for a few months so this looks like an ideal opportunity to introduce myself...

Where do you come from?

* Edinburgh

Where do you live now?

* Back in Edinburgh, just a few hundred yards from where I grew up.

How old are you?

What do you "do"?

* Web Developer, occasional international delivery person, sometimes life model.

* Travel, outdoor adventure, culture-vulturing, life and technology hacking, discussing philosophy psychology politics and weird stuff, preferably over Mediterranean food and wine that you can taste the sunshine in.

* All of the above but mostly doing a study of the worlds palm trees.

* No, I am contented and single with lovely friends.

Do you have any pets?

* No but some day when I settle I might have a menagerie, I love reptiles and would like Parrots but they are probably at their best in their home environment.

* Turquoise.

* Hideous Kinky

* Cecilia Bartoli for classical, Black Keys for rock, Dayna Kurtz or Stanley Turrentine for Jazz

* A winter picture of Rannoch Moor in the Scottish Highlands.

Kind regards to all x
@caitlin - great choice of film :heart: :heart:
Nearly three weeks on the fasts and doing well. Nipped in to say hi once or twice but thought that this is a fab way to get to know everyone. Great as survey idea.

Where do you come from?
South east London.

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty)
Plymouth

How old are you? (an age range will do!

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?)

Currently in third year of university. Not long until im a fully qualified occupational therapist. :dazed:

Hmmm, not had much time for that due to uni and all but have managed to go walking at national trust houses, gardens parks etc. Eating is always something I get time to do love home cooking and eating out at good restaurants, (river cottage restaurant is my absolute fav). Like to swim but only when I feel brave enough to.

More time on all of the above with the addition of drawing, painting. And I really can't wait to get to learn to use a sewing machine, all the fab things I could make.

10 years married, 3 girls 1 boy.

Do you have any pets?
Currently 1 boarder collie bitch called charlie, one ginger Tom called Reggie, silver tabby male called Ronnie, and coco and caramel 2 beautiful male rats. Had loads of pets over the years years as I can never say no when an animal needs a home.

Purple

Has to be the Lord of the rings trilogy. Mine and my husband's thing when we first met. It's great that we can sneak out for a date night to watch the new trilogy when they get released, The Hobbit.

Gosh this one's hard! Always loved Madonna, been known to enjoy a jig to Elvis,like old school trance, last performer I saw live was Paloma Faith.

What's your desktop
Windows set up page. Must Get that one sorted!
okay, I'm up!

Where do you come from? I grew up on the North Shore of Sydney, Australia, wrong side of Boundary Rd though.

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty) in the leafy east of Melbourne, on Wurundjeri land, and I want to honour the caretakers of this land, past and present.

How old are you? (an age range will do!) 56, 57 in 6 weeks' time

What do you "do"? (eg - what's your job, are you a homemaker?, volunteer work?, in education or training for something?)okay, 3 professional hats - oldest and possibly least interesting is I'm an anaesthetist, I'm also a trained Pilates teacher with my own studio, and I'm studying process-oriented psychology and seeing a few psychotherapy clients

What are your hobbies/interests? Dance - used to be latin, now more contemporary. Cycling - we're lucky in Melbourne to have heaps of bike paths, don't love the road so much, Pilates of course, gardening, bushwalking, a bit of X-C skiing when I can, music, swimming in the ocean, how long have you got?

What do you wish you had more time for? All of the above!! Also I'd love to sing in a choir, and building the chook run (see below)

Do you have a partner and/or kids? no partner, 2 grown young men, 23 and 19, both at uni in Melbourne. And a good ex-husband who is still part of the family.

Do you have any pets? one white cat, too beautiful to be a boy, likes having his whiskers brushed, and around 16 goldfish in the pond. I'd love to have a few chooks too, just need to build the run. Oh, and a tame (female) magpie in the front yard.

What's your favourite colour? Depends on the shade, no pastels please! And anything but pink.

What's your favourite film? Groundhog Day

What's your favourite song or band? ooh, Crowded House, Leonard Cohen (he's not a band!)

What's your desktop wallpaper? Varies between a picture I took of the Japanese garden in Portland, Oregon, in midwinter, and a view of Lake Tahoe, also in winter.

I'm done!
Where do you come from?
Born in UK

Where do you live now? (no, I'm not asking a postal address! a country or region is plenty)Perth, Western Australia and its hot, 34oC today

How old are you? (an age range will do!)
In the 50's - when did that happen!

Work with teenagers who have specials needs and disabilities

Family, many crafts, cats, travel, reading, chatting on the phone, did I mention travel...

TRAVEL

My First Husband, 34years this March, 3 adult sons.
Two here, youngest in UK.

Do you have any pets?
Pippa our adopted Siamese

depending on the day and mood usually purple although red is right there too

whatever takes my fancy on the day

ditto to the film answer

an outdoor patio at a garden centre in
Roleystone
@jools7you're the only other person who seems to share my taste in music! Another huge Crowded House fan here :like: :heart:
Moogie wrote:
lizzieh wrote: @moogie X-Files - not especially? Is there some significance then re the colours? :?:

Sorry @lizzieh, the only place I'd ever heard of 'cerulean blue' was in The X-Files episodes "Pusher" and "Kitsunegari", the character featured in those eps loved cerulean blue. Never heard anyone mention that shade before or since, so I wondered if it was a little hook to catch a fellow X-Phile on ;) Nevermind, please excuse the scifi geek in me ;)

Aha! That's funny ... but actually no, I think I got it from painting, it's a specific paint colour. :smile:
Yes,@callyanna, going to a Neil Finn concert in March in Melbourne - can't wait! The first time I saw him live I had tears streaming down my face the whole concert - love you, Neil! Of course we claim Crowded House as a Melbourne band (Four Seasons in One Day), although we borrowed Neil from the Kiwis.
Great idea, Moogie, I've enjoyed reading these. Here's mine:

Where do you come from?

Northern part of the Finger Lakes region of NY state, US

Where do you live now?

Southern Part of the Finger Lakes region. Have lived in various parts of North America, including Penticton, British Columbia

How old are you?

What do you "do"

I'm retired from working in libraries (public and academic) as a Professional Librarian, but most of the time as a non-professional staff member (no homework or committees) . Today I volunteer at my local public library.

Reading history, biography, detective and historical fiction, especially Age of Fighting Sail (think Patrick O'Brian and Master and Commander.) and science for the layperson. I'm passionate about politics, economic justice, and helping to make the naturalistic world view respectable. I'm also an avid Harry Potter fan. I love exercise classes and aerobics DVDs at home. Living downtown with 50+ restaurants in walking distance provides the happiness of eating out a lot with OH.

It's more a matter of finding the energy to do all I want to do, which is more of all of the above.

Wonderful OH of 38+ years. Four grown children (2 his, 2 mine) and 5 grandchildren.

Do you have any pets?

No

Blue

This is a toughy.--Chariots of Fire would be high on the list; also Billy Elliot; Scarlet Pimpernel with the young Anthony Andrews; Exotic Marigold Hotel; Twelve Years a Slave is harrowing but a must-see.

I love most music except country or any pop music since the Beatles. I grew up with the Big Bands being played on the air all the time, then in junior high came the start of the wide-spread popularity of rock'n'roll; cool jazz of the sixties; discovery of classical music in my college years--just love it all.

Both laptops have the same photo of our 1976 wedding. We both love seeing each other in our prime every time we boot up.
Great idea, Moogie!

Where do you come from? Egham, Surrey

Where do you live now? South Lincolnshire - on the edge of the Fens

How old are you? 64

What do you "do"? Retired headteacher of a small, village, Lower School. I also do the accounts/wages for the family business.

What are your hobbies/interests? Gardening, Reading, Spending too long on this Forum! Secretary of my local WI, Secretary of the Bourne Group of the Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust

What do you wish you had more time for? I have as much time as I need. I love being retired! :smile:

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Husband of nearly forty five years, two daughters, one son, two grandchildren aged four and three.

Do you have any pets? One ten-year old black labrador (Suzie), one cat (Poppy), four hens (Black, White, Red and Flit)! The first three were named by my grandchildren- bet you can't guess what colours they are! :smile:

What's your favourite colour? Blue

What's your favourite film? None really

What's your favourite song or band? None - I don't listen to much music at all but quite enjoy Country

What's your desktop wallpaper? A photo, taken at dawn, from Queen Mary, as we entered into New York harbour at the end of the first leg of our 40th wedding anniversary trip.
Just popping this onto my list of topics so I can answer at leisure - great thread!
Great thread!!

Where do you come from? Nottinghamshire, England

Where do you live now? South Buckinghamshire, England

How old are you? Mid 40s - and only just coming to terms with it!

What do you "do"? Incident manager for an entertainment company

I've always been a bit of a tomboy, and am currently into clay pigeon shooting and my local car club. Also love travelling - there's so much of the world to see.

What do you wish you had more time for? All of the above!

Do you have a partner and/or kids? Wonderful hubby of of 18 years, although we've been together since we were teenagers. No kids - far too much like hard work!

Do you have any pets? A large ginger cat called Henry and a small black cat called Jemima, both from the local rescue centre, and both aged about 6. Also a housebunny called Tasha (8), whose mate, Charlie, passed away just before Christmas.

What's your favourite colour? Blue

No real favourite...maybe Ferris Bueller's Day Off, or Shaun of the Dead.

What's your favourite song or band? Again, no real favourite...maybe Queen, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Take That...bit of a mix really!

What's your desktop wallpaper? Work laptop, so just the corporate one. On my phone I've got a picture of my car.
Wow, I never imagined so many folks would like this topic, what a varied lot we all are! Keep 'em coming folks, loving all this!
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
173 posts Page 8 of 12