The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

140 posts Page 9 of 10
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Re: New beginnings
28 Jun 2016, 10:32
During the hard days (Periods) I literally avoid having coffee as it eventually ends up with a flood. Therefore, I avoided coffee in those days. But tea can be surely taken , so I do.
29 Jun 2016, 11:56
@Tracieknits So sorry about the delay, between the fur babies and the sell of the house, it's been some hectic few days, once again....
I will accept you send me some rolos only if I can send something back....
That's so great for your trip, it really sounds exciting. And congratulations for your 18 years ! I don't know if you are in the heatwave but some friends of mine who are in Canada and the US complain that it's around 100°F which I can't wrap my head around, here being still "cold" for the season.

I have been semi-fasting every day since the beginning of the week. When I say semi-fasting I mean I fast until dinner and have a "regular" dinner. It's not on purpose, just because there was the house situation (the appointment with the notary was yesterday) and I can't eat when I am stressed out. However I am planning a pizza (a real one, from a restaurant) for this weekend... :grin:
29 Jun 2016, 12:42
A packet of Rolos is less than a Euro, and I'll be posting it from Paris, not New York, so postage will be negligible. I would love it if you just let me do this small nice thing for you :-)
30 Jun 2016, 05:36
I give up..... for now.... :grin: But I will send some chocolate to your son when all you will brought back will be gone....
To be honest, I am not really use to let people do things for me, that's why I was so reticent but it's so nicely ask, how could I refuse... Thank you, really, it warms my cold cold heart :heart:
30 Jun 2016, 12:20
Yay! It feels good to do something nice for someone as nice as you are who's had a rough patch. So please PM me your address. I'll be landing in Paris August 26, so it won't be before that :-)
07 Jul 2016, 06:37
@Tracieknits Not to worry, rolos are made to be waiting for with anticipation :grin:

So, still a lot going on these days, I am looking for a cheap car (mine is 25 years old) which, for someone who is thinking pros and cons when she has to buy something more expansive than 15€ take quite some time, and I am still trying to maintain the peace with my mother, which is quite a challenge these days......

I also had my tattoos done (here's the pics) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5sqxsu6sj7k6g5w/AAApmnq8VAJcj0K0otU4zum0a?dl=0, they are itching me like crazy right now, and changed my phone. By the way, does anyone can advise me on the proper Ios app ? There seems to have a lot of 5;2 apps, some free, some not, and I just can't find a proper one that would be suitable.

And last but not least, I put on a few pounds. I guess between the stress and the quit smoking, it was to be expected. So, for the next few weeks, I'll go for strict IF weeks with only liquid for diner
08 Jul 2016, 04:52
Ii have also stopped dieting at the moment due to stress of house sale. I know that my body can only cope with so much stress then i start to loose the plot. Chocolate consumption has definately gone up. As long as i don't put too much on, i am reasonably happy withloss so far. I have thrown out all my big clothes now, in thegeneral packing mania, so gaing weight back willbe an expensive process. Good luck with your move.
09 Jul 2016, 13:36
I have no idea about the app, sorry! And I don't envy you shopping for cars. It's a horrible decision to make, because you have to live with it for so long!!! I hope you find something you like at a price you can live with :-)

I love your tattoos! Saw them on facebook and they really came out very nicely
10 Jul 2016, 01:21
Ok,what are Rollos?
10 Jul 2016, 07:38
Chocolate covered toffees in a tube.
12 Jul 2016, 12:07
Rolos are beautiful chocolate full of caramel https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolo Don't understand why they never came here..... :bugeyes:

So I am taking back some control these days I have enough of feeling so bloated all the time, I even thought about going back to smoking for a hot minute... That weather doesn't ease up things, it's hot for 3 days then "cold" for a week, really appreciate the good summer stuff (fruits and vegs) is kind of difficult so back to regular soups :frown:

I bought some red lentils and I have no idea what to do with them. I would love to make a kind of curry/soup for a fast day as lentils are full of good stuff and they keep you full for longer. Any idea ?
12 Jul 2016, 13:01
Actually, Rolos are cheap, low quality chocolate covering somewhat inferior caramel made with corn syrup instead of butter and sugar. I think they never made it to Europe because your candy is infinitely better :-p
12 Jul 2016, 13:05
Here's a red lentil curry recipe that looks like one I've made before: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/16641/red-lentil-curry/

I wish we had cool days in our summer. It's been too hot here. It will be 32C all week. Sigh. I've gotten awfully tired of cold salads and would really love some nice soup. But it's way too hot for soup right now.

I'm so glad you didn't go back to smoking -- all of that hard work would have been for nothing! You've done such a great job kicking that habit, and you must be saving a lot of cash as well.
12 Jul 2016, 15:49
Tracieknits wrote: Actually, Rolos are cheap, low quality chocolate covering somewhat inferior caramel made with corn syrup instead of butter and sugar. I think they never made it to Europe because your candy is infinitely better :-p

Tracie, the Rolos made in the U.K. are infinitely better - I used to love them. I agree, American Rolos are just as you describe.
12 Jul 2016, 16:50
I've never eaten the US version-the UK ones taste OK unless you are a dark chocolate fan-which I'm not
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
140 posts Page 9 of 10