The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

140 posts Page 1 of 10
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
New beginnings
15 Jun 2015, 12:41
Here I am trying once more to go back to the way life were before the chaos that has been 2015 until now even if things are far from less complicated than a few weeks ago.

Today is my second fast since my dad passed away and so far it’s going quite well. No hunger pangs, no cravings, no urge. Just a coffee at lunch with a splash of milk and water. I don’t know how much I weight, I guess I am about the same weight as before, maybe 2 or 3 kilos “heavier” but that’s about it which is lucky as I didn’t look at what I ate at all even though it’s not the food that I ate that could have make me put on the weight but more the alcohol that I drank for a while. D

Don’t worry, I didn’t drink enough to become an alcoholic, a bottle would last 2 weeks easily, but still, I had a glass or 2 about 3 times a week which is 3 times more than I usually drink and not only that, my other downfall could have been the crisps and other junk I ate while I had that drink. Gosh they are evil evil stuff when you’re down you just want to stuff your face in them !!! It made me realize that I am not such a sweet tooth anymore but more attracted with salty cheesy stuff.

About the alcohol, I slowed things down a bit, I will have one at Sunday lunch and another one during the week and that’s about it. I guess it helped me to find sleep as I regularly have sleepless night.

I hope that fasting again will help me to have a sense of control in the big chaos surrounding me. I need to find a job fast and another place to live as I can’t live here with 3 cats and a dog. I can’t leave him alone which will become an issue and if I can’t find another place to live I will have to abandon my dog which would break my heart in pieces as he’s the last living reminder of my dad. So how do I begin ? How to find a job and to have something else to focus on all day that the house to empty and the sensation to be alone ? How to gain a bit of hope that things will change for the best ?

I am sorry as that my first intention was to make an hopeful post but I guess that it’s more difficult than I was expected. Two things are really great, though, I can fast again, even if it’s not as “natural” as it was before and I had the desire to come back here, to all the friends that supported me through all that terrible time. Thank you so so so much for that. I felt so alone that it helped me a great deal to have you reading what I was going through day by day. :heart: :rose: :hugright: :hugleft:

Now it’s time to live again. It doesn’t mean the grieving process is done, I still have to work on that and accept that I lost both my parents at the same time, even if my mother is, technically, still alive, but it’s time to build something, a new life for me, Happy, and my furry girls. Next step, find a job and a new home. And make my dad proud…..

So here’s to new beginnings. I am starting fresh 2 years nearly to the day after my very first fast :)
Re: New beginnings
15 Jun 2015, 13:53
Here's to new beginnings sweetie!

I'm sorry I don't have any advice about a job or apartment hunt in France. I can only wish you lots and lots of success.
15 Jun 2015, 14:10
@Manderley its lovely to see you back again :-)

If money isn't an issue have you thought about maybe doing some volunteer work for a bit just to get out of the house until you get your accommodation situation sorted , it would be less pressure on you but still give you something else to concentrate on .. it might even put you in touch with people who could help with the other stuff ? The more people you in contact with the more chances there are of meeting someone who might have answers to your queries about work and housing etc

Sorry I can't offer much practical advice but I think things are likely quite different in France to how they are in the UK , but good luck with getting it all sorted out :clover:
15 Jun 2015, 14:15
to new beginings! Lovely to see you again
15 Jun 2015, 14:26
Thank you all for your support :heart:

@RedRobin Money is definitely an issue as I have 105 £ to live by (and it includes food, clothes and petrol) each month, it's pretty tight. I will do some volonteer in the future but I have to deal with the cleaning up the house before which will take some time
15 Jun 2015, 14:54
Lovely to see you back Manderley and so sorry to hear what you have been through. I can offer nothing but hugs and best wishes and hope that things improve for the rest of the year.
15 Jun 2015, 14:58
Just a sudden thought I had .. would you be able to rent out your parents house and make some money that way ?
105 euros is not very much to try and live on .. and feed all the animals :-(
15 Jun 2015, 15:28
Nice to have you back in the fold Manderly, sorry that it's taken its toll on you so much.i hope your life settles back down to something like normal really soon.
15 Jun 2015, 17:39
Lovely to see you posting again Manderley and hope you will soon be feeling much better both mentally and physically. As your English is perfect could you not consider tutoring or offering private lessons to students to earn some money? just a thought but good luck with whatever you decide to do x
15 Jun 2015, 19:45
I'm so glad to see you back here Manderley! We were missing you. I do hope things start to improve. Callyanna's idea is great... Your English is so good!
15 Jun 2015, 21:47
Like @carieoatessaid,good to have you back in the fold M x
You know you're with friends and safe when you're here!
Some good ideas, i hope you find them useful.
Pls try to keep your little fourfooted family together xx
Big hugs and keep us posted xx
16 Jun 2015, 00:44
Nice to see you back, Manderley. Good luck with the job search. I'm looking for a new job now, too, and my biggest worry is my kitties.
16 Jun 2015, 04:17
Overjoyed to see you posting again Manderley. I tweeted you as I was worried. I like Callyanna's idea too, but how about starting a blog on wordpress or blogger where you can generate advertising revenue too? You have such a story to tell and there are so many themes you can consider.

Welcome back :heart: :heart: :heart:
16 Jun 2015, 12:21
Lovely to have you back @manderley....

The great thing about this forum is that we can be totally ourselves - so please don't think you only have to post positive stuff here. Post how things are for you today....and let us support you/celebrate or commiserate with you.

Sorry to hear you have so many issues to deal with at once. It's always helpful to have other people's perspectives...and that is just what you will get on here. Have you considered looking for a live-in job perhaps? That would solve two issues at once......just a thought.....

Sending welcome back hugs xx
17 Jun 2015, 14:09
@Debs, @carieoates, @carorees Thank you for your best wishes

@RedRobin I thought about it, as the house market is pretty low and it’s really difficult to sell anything but my dear old sister wants to sell. And she wants me to refuse to take my part (my dad left me 2/3 of his half of the house in his will) because her point of view is I shouldn’t get anything before my mother’s death……
Don’t worry I learned to get by, even with 4 pets, but it’s pretty hard to find a job as I can’t go very far with the petrol I put in my car

@callyanna Unfortunately I don’t have the right diplomas so it’s pretty difficult to give some tutoring. Next school year I’ll try with the small children, the ones who are beginning to learn English. It could be fun….

@CandiceMarie All advices are useful, I always am very grateful to have some.
There are no questions about my 3 cats, they will stay with me whatever happens but there is a big question mark about Happy. I will have to find a new place as soon as I will find a new job as he can’t stay alone in my apartment. Plus, he’s a barker so he could get me into trouble. Plus, after 4 months, Boo is still up on the wardrobe and only comes down with me when Happy is not here, which is another issue. However I will do all I can to keep him. It would break my heart if I had to let him go somewhere else.

@MaryAnn Good luck to you too ! Why do you worry about your kitties, will you have to move ?

@rawkaren So sorry to have worried you…. I don’t go on twitter regularly, only from time to time. I need to have something like google hangout on. Damn, I regret msn……
I didn’t know you could do that, having a blog and generate revenues…. I have no idea how I could do that but I will check it out. If I could work from home, at the beginning anyway, it would ease everything up.

@Hazelnut20 A live in job would be impossible. Because of my furry children but also because I am a grumpy old woman who can’t stand people 24/7. I was an au pair 20 years ago and it was really hard because of that. I live alone since that time and I think I am too old now to change that situation…..

Thank you all so much for your advices and welcome back. It’s good to be in the land in the living again. All is not rosy, far from it but all is not black either anymore, which is a good feeling.

I thought that I spent the same amount of money on my grocery shopping since I became fasting 2 years ago except I forgot a big piece of information, I did my shopping for 3 weeks at that time and do it for 4 weeks now. So, same amount of money but one week more. Big big difference….. I saw it firsthand these past 2 months, I had to do the grocery shopping one week earlier than usual and I really did it when all the cupboards and freezer were empty…..

Another good reason to go back to my 2 to 3 fasts a week…. :razz:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
140 posts Page 1 of 10