The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

30 posts Page 2 of 2
@wolfie I got a bar of montezuma chocolate with orange and geranium. That was lovely.
I seem to be a milk choc girl - I know - pour your scorn upon me! Dark choc just doesn't do it for me, which is a shame as I treated myself to a selection pack of Montezuma for Xmas and I even find some of the milk varieties a bit dark so the dark bars may be passed on to some of the dark afficianados I will be seeing.
Wendy Darling wrote: @wolfie I got a bar of montezuma chocolate with orange and geranium. That was lovely.

Awww, where did you get that?
My favourite was the 85% Green and Blacks. I saw 'was' as last year I was having heart problems and it turned out that the constant palpitations I was getting could have been caused by alcohol, coffee or dark chocolate. I don't normally drink much, I hate coffee, so I stopped eating dark chocolate (I didn't eat much). Almost immediately the palpitations stopped. So my second best chocolate is tobelerone and my third best favourite chocolate is those lindor balls. There is no point me trying the 100%.
And the winner is ... Chocolat Madagascar" which is divine, to me tastes like Green and Black' s 85%

Joint second are "the chocolate tree" and ,Francois Pralus "Le 100 % criollo"

Last is Menakao Truly Madagascar which had a sour taste on the tongue like you get with some coffees if you have them black and unsweetened. Perhaps I will reward myself with a piece every time I gain a pound.

The health food stall on the market sells yet another brand, but that will have to wait until I'm out of stock.
Having now finished my xmas treat 100% I started back on some Lindt 99% today.
:0(
Tasted flat, even slightly chalky, no fruity back hit.
No longer good enough ...
Oh dear, I seem to have been converted to the real deal :0@
This could become frighteningly expensive!
Anyone tried this? http://www.chocolatiers.co.uk/products/ ... icked-dark. It's a bit pricey, hence me looking for a recommendation. I find 100% too dry and I fancy a change from 90% Lindt. Thanks!
Haven't come across the Taza, @rawkaren, I'll have to check if it's on Amazon ...

I got another Cocoa Runners selection pack for Christmas. I understand what you mean about some chocolate being dry, although so would have described 2 of the 4 as,being hard - rather reluctant to melt on the tongue. Still tasted good though when they eventually did.

Fortunately for me I am very happy with the brand I can get on the market. It is called Labooko, and to me it feels rich and creamy.
Oh dear @Azureblue it sounds like you have been hooked.
Personally I find anything much over 70% not very enjoyable, and I'll be steering clear of that 100% stuff.
I'm a milk chocolate fan all the way! Dark chocolate just doesn't do it for me - even when I'm desperate for 'a little something'! :smile:
I got a variety box of different strength chocolates for Christmas- I think they are German. Afraid I much prefer the lower % ones.
Another milk chocolate girl over here, I find dark chocolate too bitter for my taste A big exception however, my Godmother is Swiss and over there they have a dark chocolate named "crémant" which is sweeter than other dark chocolates and that I just love with a passion http://www.swisschocolate-online.com/en/cailler-of-switzerland/10-cremant-7613031080366.html She also sent me some 85% chocolate I haven't finished yet but I really do enjoy a square now and then.
I am 70% kinda girl myself. I get the Endangered Species kind. But, I just wanted to say that reading this thread has now given me the urge to go eat some!!!
Personally I like the 85%.
as for the sprouts Beanie, you are welcome to my share, nasty things.
I'll tell you what, it's so weird how tastes change. I actually used to hate dark chocolate along with peanut butter (yes...don't start. I've heard it all before >.>), champagne and watermelon. Now those are all things I love.

As for myself, I like my dark chocolate and coffee the same way - as dark and as strong as possible. I always want an extra shot of caffeine in coffee, and as close to 100% cocoa as possible. Takes some getting used to, but if you're going to indulge, get the full experience of it :) (just my 2 pennies worth of course. I'm still happy with 70-80%).
30 posts Page 2 of 2