The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

41 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Words that make you cringe.
26 Jan 2015, 12:45
carorees wrote:
Ballerina wrote: For some reason I cannot bear the word 'tit' I cannot say it under any circumstances and I almost couldn't even type it, took me three goes, phew! Well, that's me stressed out for the rest of the day, thanks for that @Wildmissus
Ballerina x :heart:

Good job you're not a bird watcher then @ballerina! "Oh look there's a blue um um um small bird on the feeder" :lol:

I know, just as well there are no ornithological enthusiasts in our house, hee hee

26 Jan 2015, 13:02
I've got blood pressure or when people say urine wrong and pronounce it Yuriyn
And I hate moving forward too hubs used to say it in nearly every sentence until I told him how annoying it was nd "he's not at work now"
26 Jan 2015, 13:06
Well "moving forward" with this, let me give you "the heads up" on what happened to me. I thought I'd get myself a "beach body" but too much time on the weight machine gave me a large "pustule" on my hand, it was rather "moist" and you should have seen the "discharge" when it popped!! I felt a right "tit" with a big bandage on my hand and it was a "tad" inconvenient. I knew i should have gone swimming, trouble was the "gusset" in my cozzie was a bit droopy!! Anyway back to my hand, it's not healing, I mean "what do you think" Doctors or bigger bandage??? Hopefully it will heal and life will be "perfect" oh well I'm off to the chemist to get a bandage. "see you later" guys xx

This is not true I just wanted to see if I could get all those annoying phrases in one post. "not being funny" or anything Image

Minsmum
26 Jan 2015, 13:11
@minsmum

Fabulous, :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

26 Jan 2015, 13:39
Very clever @minsmum

my phrase thats come into the world just lately ...

when an IT help desk person keeps saying the will have their colleague "reach out to me" .. wtf
26 Jan 2015, 13:40
Can't bear '24/7' and it really annoys me when women who are not from the US talk about 'c-sections'. When I was a midwife (aeons ago admittedly) they were 'sections' or 'Caesareans' - not this pseudo Hollywood speak. Sorry. End of rant. *ahem*
26 Jan 2015, 13:41
An otherwise dear work-mate used to drive me up the wall when she would ring someone up to "pre-warn" them of something. As I repeatedly pointed out, to warn means to notify in advance about some negative situation or event, so how could you "pre" do it?
26 Jan 2015, 14:11
Ha! Like preboarding a plane. How do you get on the plane before you get on the plane?
26 Jan 2015, 16:51
Thanks WM! this thread is really amusing! Keep them coming!
One word that makes me clench my fists til my knuckles turn white and my shoulders go up round my ears is the word " sick"
Never a good word is it but the young ones use it now meaning " great" as in " these shoes are really sick! "
Ohh no my shoulders are up round my ears again!
26 Jan 2015, 17:35
@CandiceMarie, now if you are talking about the words that young people don't know the meaning of what about-

whatever, yes, no, sorry, I know, disaster, willy

I am the owner of two teenage daughters :lol:
26 Jan 2015, 17:37
My working life is spent listening to words that make me cringe. This is not new but once in a while I amuse myself by seeing how many of these I can tick off in a meeting. The ones that drive me most insane is "thought shower" and "soup to nuts". Out of meetings I don't like the word "tool" and the context of how that word is used these days. Showing my age. :dazed: :dazed:
http://www.businessbuzzwordbingo.com/
http://lurkertech.com/buzzword-bingo/
http://www.bullshitbingo.net/cards/bullshit/
26 Jan 2015, 17:39
Excuse me? Soup to nuts? :?:
Can you clarify please @rawkaren?
I dont like it when people say they 've got " all their ducks in a row".. Not sure why i dont like that one! I think sometimes its the person you first heard say it..and i' m not fond of the person i first heard use this! :lol:
Ps@rawkaren Love the bingo games Karen!
Pps yr OH in sanfran with you at the moment? X
26 Jan 2015, 17:42
CandiceMarie wrote: Excuse me? Soup to nuts? :?:
Can you clarify please @rawkaren?
I dont like it when people say they 've got " all their ducks in a row".. Not sure why i dont like that one! I think sometimes its the person you first heard say it..and i' m not fond of the person i first heard use this! :lol:

It means "from A to Z" Candy, or "start to finish" :curse:
26 Jan 2015, 17:56
I can't stand the word "literally" when used in the new, inappropriate manner. I immediately lose respect for the speaker. "OMG her dress was, literally, so ugly."
26 Jan 2015, 18:56
Well I forgot the best of the Minsmums household! I booked a family holiday today, Min exclaimed that it was "sick" I'm with you on that one @Candicemarie Bleugh. Minsdad said "great, keep me in the loop"
Let me tell you now the only loop he's gonna get, if he bl&&dy well says that to me again, is a loop of rope around his neck!!! arghhhh.
And when it comes to work, I feel I have reached the s&dding glass ceiling so many times, I am fully empowered, am fully able to meet customer expectations so much so that I may just fly myself through the window of opportunity!
41 posts Page 2 of 3