Words that make you cringe.
25 Jan 2015, 19:45
Just for a bit of fun. Do you have any words that make you cringe? Mine is -

Discharge.

Horrible, yukky word.
Re: Words that make you cringe.
25 Jan 2015, 19:50
Ooh yeh nasty word!
I cringe at people saying " tad" as in " it was a tad too small" etc.....i don't know why but it makes my toes curl!
25 Jan 2015, 19:55
A phrase that makes me want to slap the person who said it is,
" what do you think to..." Instead of "what do you think about...."
It really sticks in my craw and sets my teeth on edge! Gahhhhhh!
25 Jan 2015, 20:00
A couple that instantly come to mind that make me shudder are
gusset
pustule
25 Jan 2015, 20:21
When somebody says see you later and they are on their way out at midnight!
25 Jan 2015, 20:41
My niece has a thing about the word moist. So of course we all use it whenever we can ;)
26 Jan 2015, 00:03
Mental note to self - if I ever meet @CandiceMarie - just keep gob shut!!

Personally I can't stand any business in-lingo like "heads up", "across the piece" etc etc - my bullshit detector is very sensitive and they just set it off!
26 Jan 2015, 00:59
The latest universal word - for young folk around here at least - is "perfect". It drives me crazy. Lots of things that aren't anywhere near perfect get that response. I almost think if a clerk in the store asks the universal "How are you today?" and I said "Terrible. I've been vomiting all day.", she might answer "Perfect." :lol: :lol: :lol:
26 Jan 2015, 01:01
beach, when it is associated with diet or body.
26 Jan 2015, 09:20
For some reason I cannot bear the word 'tit' I cannot say it under any circumstances and I almost couldn't even type it, took me three goes, phew! Well, that's me stressed out for the rest of the day, thanks for that @Wildmissus
Ballerina x :heart:
26 Jan 2015, 09:41
Any time someone starts a sentence with "I'm not being funny, but..." before saying something really rude or offensive. Having that at the start of the sentence doesn't excuse what you say next.
26 Jan 2015, 09:42
lol @Ballerina, I have an issue with that word as well. There are so many other better words that could be used instead.
26 Jan 2015, 10:47
Ballerina wrote: For some reason I cannot bear the word 'tit' I cannot say it under any circumstances and I almost couldn't even type it, took me three goes, phew! Well, that's me stressed out for the rest of the day, thanks for that @Wildmissus
Ballerina x :heart:

Good job you're not a bird watcher then @ballerina! "Oh look there's a blue um um um small bird on the feeder" :lol:
26 Jan 2015, 10:58
MaryAnn wrote: beach, when it is associated with diet or body.

Agree!
I cringe when I hear "going forward" , especially from Irish politicians
Read this somewhere
"How to have a beach body:
step 1: go to the beach
Step 2: done "
26 Jan 2015, 11:29
@fancyacuppa i know someone who does that all the time! Grrrr!
People seem to think they can add anything they like by putting that" disclaimer " first :lol:
41 posts Page 1 of 3