The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

24 posts Page 1 of 2
18 months of 4:3 - 48.1kgs lost
17 Aug 2014, 16:45
Was going to post in the inspirational stories, but that is locked, and I can't really be bothered with the suggested success story format. Anyway, 6 monthly check in since inspirational-weight-loss-stories-f19/1-year-of-4-3-39-8kg-lost-t11611.html

Slightly early, actual milestone is Tuesday, but given I've been doing some EOD I am probably ahead of schedule, so after 18 months of 4:3:
- 48.1kg, 106lb, 7 stone 8lb gone;
- BMI down by 14.84 (49.07 to 34.24 or 30.2%);
- Slowly accumulating an interim wardrobe to tide me over for when I reach goal weight.

This 6 months has felt like one long plateau after another. Although I spend too much time plateaued and didn't lose anywhere near as much as I wanted to, I feel like when my weight was stuck, my body was shrinking rapidly (whereas it didn't feel like it was shrinking as drastically when the weight was dropping off fast).

Fasting is easy, I now don't eat anything on fast days. Only thing that is getting to me is how damn cold my hands and feet have been this winter. Even though the weather doesn't get particularly cold here, I am looking to get some full on snow boots before next winter. Happy if anyone else has good tips for keeping feet warm.

As a bonus, recently found out that I now weigh less than an acquaintance who in the past poked fun at me for being fat. It gets better, they are a good 2-3 inches shorter than me so I know my BMI is a fair bit lower. Better still is that I know they had bariatric surgery way back and they have hit a barrier, I don't see them going any lower. When I'm out of the obese range I will really let them have it. Victory is sweet.

TedE
Hi TedE - wow man, you are truly inspirational! Your timeline is perfecto............ congrats to you for mastering the journey and making it work for you. Yep, plateaus seem to be a natural journey and as people say it's time to keep plodding on regardless. I have only had cold hands and feet once and yes it's very unpleasant, I rubbed and cuddled them :shock: . Perhaps treat yourself to a massage, swimming is good too - oh and come by and pop in the walkers tent too. :like: :clover: :heart: :cool: :lol:

Heads up to you, your determination and your on going success :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:
Very well done! Thats really inspirational!
As for the bariatric friend..revenge is sweet eh..but why not give them a helping hand,you can afford to be the bigger person ( now that you're a smaller person! ) Some tips might help him/ her onwards and downwards!
It's lovely to congratulate folk on their losses great and small but 106 lb gone in 18 months! There just aren't enough superlatives in the dictionary! Well done for all your extremely hard work and persistence.
Well done that man! I wish I could not eat at all on fast days. It would be so much easier! You need to put some handwarmers in your boots http://www.amazon.com/HotHands-Hand-War ... B0007ZF4OA
Huge congrats and what an achievement! I take my hat off to you, sir :-) It is reading stories like yours that is one of the motivating things about this forum.

PS For what it's worth, I don't think bariatric surgery is always the wonder cure that it is portrayed as - I work in a GP surgery and I know a few people who have lost significantly and then gained it back because people go back to bad old habits - BUT there is one young man in his 20's who comes in who has lost around 50kg - he looks great and has rid himself of diabetes and I am always amazed whenever I see him. And I tell him how great he looks too.
I think bariatric surgery can only work for most people if 'after op ' counselling is included ..having a band or whatever to make yr stomach smaller will never help you address the emotional reasons for overeating
Ive heard of gastric banders being so desperate for their comfort foods such as sausage rolls or Mars bars that theyve put them in a liquidiser coz in that way,they can ingest them..the thought if which just makes most people want to throw up and seems such a unhealthy thing to do physically,mentally and emotionally x
WOW + WOW + WOW again @TedE
You've done a great job Ted well done you :like:
Very inspiring especially as I've had a struggle lately and seeing you come through with flying colours is truly fantastic :like:
Well done and your victory will be very sweet indeed especially thinking you've probably given up nothing unlike your colleague whose suffered surgery and is still struggling, brilliant :victory:
Fantastic inspirational amazing story! Way to go - and keep going - and keep us up to date with your fabulous progress :0)
Yay you! Thanks for sharing your inspirational, motivating story. Even more significant for me is your encouragement about the inch losses despite an apparent plateau, I'll just keep plugging, thanks to all of you who have reiterated that.
Congratulations, Ted, on this wonderful achievement.

I find stirrup leg warmers worn bunched up around the ankles to be very helpful during those cold winter evenings I buy mine at a dancewear supply store. (great idea, rawkaren, about the handwarmers--could tuck them into the leg warmers, too.)

Here's some from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Eurotard-2625-Sti ... eg+warmers

onwards and downwards :clover: :clover: :clover:
Flippin' 'eck @tede - that is amazing!! I am so pleased for you! Well done for sticking with it thru the plateaus - it has certainly paid off, hasn't it?

Just what a "wobbler" like me needs to hear to inspire me.....thank you so much for posting & I will look forward to reading about your next milestone in due course!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
:like: :like: :grin: :grin: :lol: :lol:
Wow! You have done so well, congratulations!
Hi Ted, your success is wonderful to hear! You must be so pleased at how you have stuck with this WOL - just keep applying the same formula and I am sure the kgs and inches will continue to disappear. Very best wishes. :)
24 posts Page 1 of 2