The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Delighted, actually
10 Jul 2015, 07:45
As you see from my tracker, I haven't been on the forum, and on 5:2 since February. There is a reason for that...
Since January or so, everything about 5:2 seemed harder, and no matter how hard I tried, I actually ended up ganing weight. I also took myself in cheating on fasting days, for example by exceeding my kcal on fast days, and eating 700 kcal instead of 500...
In February I took pregnancy test, and found that I was 6 weeks pregnant... So of course no 5:2 since then. :-P
Now I am 27 weeks pregnant, expecting in October, and my weight is the same as before I started with 5:2 (which I was on for about 1.5 years). So just imagine what my weight would be if I hadn't started with 5:2!!! I still have to expect to gain some more weight, but at least the starting point wasn't too bad :-)
So I cannot do 5:2 now, but I am actually missing it, and plan to start again once I am done with breast feeding :-P
I also have a girl at work, who's been doing 5:2 for 1.5 years now, and she's delighted as well. She's not overweight, but this helps her to control her weight. Before 5:2 she was actually starving herself to maintain the weight. Now she is delighted that after being for holiday for 2 weeks now, eating ice cream and pizza everyday etc. she can still come home and have a tool to continue her weight control without panicking about the weight gain. And it works.
So I think that for me 5:2 is a life style, and I will continue with it when I can. It is important though, eating proper food on the fasting days when you can - spending your kcal wisely.
When you sit there, eating a nice 300 kcal salad, it is easier to think that the sacrifice is not that bad :-)
Re: Delighted, actually
10 Jul 2015, 07:58
Congratulations Sylfer and wishing you a happy pregnancy and a smooth birth!
Keep us posted.Lovely news. Fasting will still be here for you as an option when your breast feeding days are done! You can look forward to some magic times ahead! X
10 Jul 2015, 08:26
Congratulations!! Really lovely news - no better reason to not be losing weight than to discover you're pregnant :victory:

I love how 5:2 allows us to feel more in control as well, it's such a straightforward solution to a greedy holiday!
10 Jul 2015, 09:00
Congratulations!
12 Jul 2015, 12:36
It's lovely to hear your wonderful news about your baby and such a positive response to the 5:2 WOL! Do let us know how you get on with the pregnancy and don't forget to come back to us as soon as you can! :smile:
13 Jul 2015, 08:38
Many congratulations!
14 Jul 2015, 15:33
Ah, how lovely - congratulations!

Look after yourself and keep us posted! X
14 Jul 2015, 18:08
Congratulations to you Sylfer, wonderful news. Thanks also for sharing how 52 is working for your colleague too.
Look forward to your updates .......... :smile:
8 posts Page 1 of 1