The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

29 posts Page 1 of 2
Just felt like writing a quick summary of my seven weeks on 5:2. I have been faithfully weighing, measuring and recording everything I eat and drink on Calorie Count (similar to My Fitness Pal) and am delighted to record the following results:
Start Weight 139 lbs
Current Weight 127 lbs
Goal Weight 125 lbs
Aside from the weight loss I seem to have kicked the chocolate monster into touch and my palate has adjusted well to more savoury items overall (apart from last night when I enjoyed home made apple and raspberry pie with vanilla ice cream).
Whilst I appreciate many of you don't like the idea of counting calories on non-fast days I am trying to learn to judge calorie content by portion size and also making sure I don't go over the TDEE recommended on the tracker.
Other health benefits include more energy, better sleep patterns, less money spent as healthy food costs less than the sweet foods and drinks I was ingesting on a daily basis. My only form of exercise is walking - and that's not very fast.
I now have a shape radically different from a cube and I now have a flat tummy and can see my knees and toes! Being on the short side, 5'2'', the 12 lbs I have lost really do make a difference!
Congratulations @galexlinda. You'll be in maintenance before you know it!
:star: :star: :star: Phew, at this rate @galexinda we'll be seeing you in the June Maintenance thread.
Well done Linda ..12 lbs down and only 2 more to go!
12 lbs in seven weeks is a great result :like:
Ooh, I love posts like yours @galexinda! So great to read how thrilled you are with your weightloss - big congratulations! It's always inspiring for the rest of us and I can just imagine how chuffed you must be..

Onwards and downwards!
Well done. I'm doing the weight loss jig for you. Before and after photos please, if you're not too shy. :wink: :wink:
We all love to celebrate the success of others. Congrats.
Congrats @galexinda that's brilliant news, so pleased for you :cool: :star:
Well done, @galexinda! Onwards and downwards!
That's fantastic! Congratulations!!

I actually sometimes count calories for normal days. I didn't get this overweight my understanding what I should eat on a normal day :-)
Just to say I reached my Goal Weight this morning. Started at 139 lbs and now the scales register 125 lbs making an overall loss of 14 lbs in 9 weeks. Unbelievable. Went out this morning to celebrate and had a fresh orange juice!
I have been recording everything on Calorie Count as I am interested in all the nutritional values, especially as a recent blood test stated my Total Cholesterol and LDL Cholesterol were a bit high but the averages aren't anything out of the ordinary. Having said that I want to increase my protein intake and reduce the carb intake a little to try and correct the blood cholesterol readings.
Nutrient/VitaminAmt (avg) Trend for past 30 days
Carbohydrates 71 g; Protein 32 g; Fats 37 g; Saturated Fat 11.1 g; Cholesterol 154 mg; Sodium 901 mg
Still continuing with my scheduled FD today as I am being treated to a Thai meal tomorrow - my first ever, so I want to be able to try as many dishes as I can!
Welcome to maintenance, @galexinda :like: :like: :like:
Cue scary music: Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Congatulations and welcome to the maintenance squad :victory:
Just keep up the good work!
29 posts Page 1 of 2