The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

26 posts Page 1 of 2
I am delighted to report that, as of this morning, I have reached my goal! I started this WOE almost exactly 10 months ago. I have lost 26 pounds (my tracker says 24, but I am counting the almost 2 pounds I lost on Weight Watchers, as well) and my BMI has gone down almost 4 points.

I am thrilled. This is literally the lowest weight I have been since college, which was almost 30 years ago. I can actually look in the mirror and like what I see. I have a new-found confidence that I am brimming with. Plus, I feel healthy and strong and just plain great overall.

I would not be averse to losing another few pounds (love handles), but I'm not going to fret if I don't, because I am happy where I am now. The last two weeks I have done Fast-5, and I plan to continue the eating window method of IF. I plan to do Fast-5 a couple of days a week, then 18/6 another day or two a week, and then 16/8s the rest of the time (it's interesting to me how downright easy a 16-hour fast is to me these days! Who'da thunk it?). And if I start to see my weight creeping up again, I know I can always do a 24-hour fast followed by 500 calories either once or twice a week.

I know fasting works. I am living proof. I am so happy, I feel like I could float on air today.
Well done, so pleased for you!
Time to celebrate, great result. Who wants to get rid of their love handles? :wink:
Welcome to the maintenance club
Melinda, that is FANTASTIC! Woohoo! Well done :like:

You sound so happy and I'm absolutely thrilled for you. It sounds like you have a great maintenance plan too, so good luck with that and keep us posted.

Inspirational stuff, I LOVE posts like this!
Fantastic result! Wishing you a successful maintenance :0)
Well done @Melinda_in_NC That's a great result. :like:
Sound like you've got everything covered with your plan of attack if the pounds start to creep back, hope you are feeling as proud as you are happy
because you should be.
:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
Congratulations and happy maintaining :)
Woo hoo!!! Fantastic!!
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

How are you going to celebrate? With a :party:?

By the way, if you want to update your story in the success stories section ( https://www.fastday.com/how-it-works/melindas-story/) just let me know and I can add to/edit the story as you wish. For example, you might like to add about how you are going to use the eating window method of IF for maintenance.
Well done Melinda! Look forward to you joining us in the Maintaineers Tent!
Oh Melinda - that is fantastic news!! I am so thrilled for you...

You have described your joy brilliantly - and I know exactly what you mean about the new found confidence and feeling so happy too. They are the wonderful by-products of 5:2 weightloss....because you just know that you now have the tools to stay at the weight you want to be. Powerful stuff....

Enjoy the maintaineers tent! According to my tracker...I might be joining you sometime in November....

Very well done!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Thats wonderful Melinda! High five! Or that thing where you knock fists!
Just as great is the fact you feel strong healthy and confident! X well done! :victory:
Whoop whoop whoop, :victory: well done Melinda! I reached goal myself yesterday after 18 weeks, so I am victory dancing beside you! Our stats seem quite similar too. I have moved my goal because of those pesky love handles, so I think I will keep going for another 7lbs, but its a balancing act between small love handles and a haggard gaunt face! Can't win. :bugeyes:
26 posts Page 1 of 2