The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

14 posts Page 1 of 1
I've got a curve - and more
01 Oct 2014, 14:36
When getting ready for my first pass with the physiotherapist this morning, I cast a glance in the mirror and saw - curves!! A tight fitting sleeveless top showed a waist, can't flipping believe it. Not that I have lost any more hg since last week, but the waistline is there and the flabby abdoment is almost gone. Only 10 more kg to go....to start with. And with the physio and exercise bike I might be able to get there :wink:

OK, so the dinner on Saturday was OK, but that SIL (The DHs sister) always manage to wring me the wrong way. She started to show of her new Espri skirt and proudly announce that it was only size 32 (Euro). Well she has been anorectic before and she is as tall as I am so she seem be back on that non-eating wagon and train 3 times/week. And here is when she said "well Wolfie, how much do you weight these days?" I went :shock: :shock: :shock: , but managed to inhale before I answered "well let my put it this way, I weight 17kg less than when I was the biggest!!!" That shut her up. What's wrong with people, do you really go around asking how much they weight, even though they are family?

Hmpf and that is the same woman who managed to *bleep* up our wedding pictures 20 yrs ago. Never forgot her :curse:
Re: I've got a curve - and more
01 Oct 2014, 15:47
Well done on your swift and proud answer! Great that you are seeing how your body is changing and are proud of yourself, how we see ourself is far more important than the number we weigh! X
01 Oct 2014, 15:50
Well done Wolfie on the new curve and the fast response!
Hi @doodle puppet good to see you and youre so right..how we see ourselves is more important than a number on a scale x
01 Oct 2014, 17:24
I bet you feel sexy with those curves @Wolfie. Forget your SIL and read my signature! My own SIL has sneered at me and my weight more than once but I know I am healthier now than I have been in a long time and so do those that matter to me!
01 Oct 2014, 18:08
What is it about sisters in law?! Mine often makes snide comments about my weight too - maybe it's because I stole my husband away from the family, so to speak! There's a saying I can't quite remember which is quite funny and goes along the lines of "I may be fat but I can do something about that, whereas ugly.........." - makes me feel better anyway!
01 Oct 2014, 18:30
Yes, @madcatlady that one always makes me laugh.....and wish that I had some skill in the witty repartee department!

Not sure if it is true, but I believe it was attributed to Winston Churchill, when a woman approached him and said:

"You're drunk!"
"And you, madam, are ugly.....but I shall be sober in the morning....."

Tee hee...

IMHO - people that feel they have some right to pass comment on others' supposed shortcomings (whatever they may be).....usually have plenty shortcomings of their own that they should be working on...first! Grrr....this world is tough enough without all that.

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
01 Oct 2014, 18:34
Oops...in all my excitement, I completely forgot to congratulate @wolfie on her curves! Am thrilled for you...enjoy....and don't give anyone else a thought. I heartily endorse what @wildmissus says....

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
01 Oct 2014, 20:21
Well done Wolfie! How wonderful that your waist is becoming more defined :-)

I'm sorry about your SIL. I have an equally annoying SIL who lives only 15 minutes away, but I can't stand spending time with her so I've told DH that it will be as rare as possible.
01 Oct 2014, 20:34
Well done @Wolfie! I am fairly bad at stopping to see the changes in myself. My head still thinks I am 173lbs.

I could have used your quick tongue this morning. My neighbour, who is forever dieting and still gaining, told me for the umteenth time that I need to put on more weight, that I was gaunt, that I was tired looking, that my legs were too thin, what so-and-so said about me. Jeepers, she goes on a tirade for about 15mins EVERYTIME I see her. Sometimes, I find I am uncomfortable about a compliment I might get from someone, but this these tirades are getting on my nerves. Let me know if you have a good retort, not too cutting as I still have to live beside her for several decades!
01 Oct 2014, 21:48
Congratulations Wolfie. How lovely to like what you see. Great idea for a thread!
I wonder if your SIL was so curious as to your weight because you look so flipping fantastic? I just love your response and the fact that she will never know. Ha ha. Love it! :like:
@Scubachick, maybe you could say " I'm in the healthy weight range and my doctor is thrilled with my health/ weight but thank you for your concern." Or " I'm a bit sensitive when it comes to discussing my weight/appearance and I'd rather we didn't but thank you for your kind concern." ?
Xxx Julianna
01 Oct 2014, 22:10
Oooh. Thought of another retort scuba, " I'm really proud of myself and happy with how I look, anyway must rush. I have a pot on the stove/appointment in town etc"
01 Oct 2014, 22:55
That's wonderful to hear Wolfie, and good on you for your reply! She got what she deserves!!!
02 Oct 2014, 11:19
That woman is stupid plain and simple, even The DH agree on that. There are so much I could tell of what she has said and done - oy vey.

On the good side I can say I have the best MIL - ever. She turn 80 i December, have been struggling with a strange kind of blood cancer as long as I can remember and still stand strong. That sweetie, pulled at my dress and said "you lost even more, now you got to stop". Haha, there is at least 10 more kg to be lost, even though it probably will take some time since right now I don't have it in me to fast. But - I do my stints on the exercise bike and have started a gentle training program, so who knows?
02 Oct 2014, 13:47
Congrat's on the curves @Wolfie! That's exciting. It's a good thing we can choose our friends, if not our families. :grin:
14 posts Page 1 of 1