The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

22 posts Page 1 of 2
I started fasting two years ago yesterday (27th January, 2013) and found this fantastic forum (in it's previous form) a couple of weeks later. My weight loss has had its ups and downs - sometimes far more up than it should have been, but I have always returned to this WOL ( Way Of Life) because it is the only way I know where I can enjoy the foods previously forbidden on strict calorie-counted diets and still lose, then maintain, my weight at a level which I feel is appropriate for me.

I would like to thank @Moogie, @caroreesand all the other moderators for providing a forum which works so well in informing, encouraging and providing a platform in which we can learn so much about other people's lives and IF successes and disasters! This on-line community has played a huge part in my modest success and I thank you all for your contributions.

As I look forward to my third year, I remember those who have been and gone and appreciate those who are still here maintaining and losing and posting. I would encourage more recent joiners to keep things simple and just keep on, keeping on! This WOL is not magic, it's not a miracle cure for obesity but it is a simple WOL which has worked for many of us and will continue to do so because the way we eat has changed forever.
Hello @StowgateResident Many congratulations to you on your 2nd fastiversary - a great post as usual! What an wonderful achievement. I hope you are celebrating by popping some champagne and enjoying one slice of cake. :wink: These great moments in time need acknowledging alike birthdays :cool:
I have learnt so much from you, thank you! I greatly admire your approach to maintenance and sheer determination to use this WOL and adapt it so it works for you and your spirit. I'm following your lead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Catch you in the walking tent soon. Liz
Congratz!

So many have had their second anniversaries... mine is April so not so long away.

Makes you wonder how many here will say. ive just had my 10th fastiversary and still posting here. i guess we will all be a little "greyer" But just think how lean and healthy we will all be crowding up the Maintenance tent!
@Juliana.Rivers - I love how you always look ahead. I wonder how near we are to reaching a 5 year timeline - those that are maintaining, those that are losing over a long period as that fits their WOL, our great returners etc
@stowgateresident champagne out yet?
Hi @StowgateResident, I totally echo the comments already made. Your balanced approach is always very reassuring, and I so admire the way you cope with any weight increases. Congratulations on your anniversary and best wishes for many more to come! :like: :clover:

PS I just googled Stowgate as I had no idea where it is. Have you lived there long?
Congratulations!

I too have been wondering about your forum name. Does it just mean you live in Stowgate, or does it refer to some kind of English insider thing that has some meaning us foreigners can't fathom.

In the US, for example, the phrase, "The old lady from Dubuque" is not a reference to an actual person from a town in Iowa.
What a fabulous post! I'm glad you found us too and happy Fastiversary to you :victory: Just imagine where you'd be without 5:2 and you may not think your success are so modest :-)

You reminded me I missed mine as well >.< Time flies and all that. I'm definitely looking at the long haul. While it's not *easy* it sure beats the alternatives out there.
Congrats, @StowgateResident!

@peebles, I've never heard the expression "the old lady from Dubuque", which is funny because I actually know a few old ladies from Dubuque.
Thank you for your post @StowgateResident marking your second Fastiversary! I very much appreciate what you wrote and thank you for speaking comprehensively for me as well.
My second Fastiversary was Jan 12th recorded on this forum and I forgot it! - not a Senior Moment, just very much in a natural way of life now and not counting weeks. I had been doing 5:2 a while before registering here and was even heavier. I too then found this forum and all the super people on it who supported me ever since. I'm also very grateful for it and everything it does, and agree fully that this WOE is actually suitable for life. (In the nick of time as I'm almost 75 and feel nothing like elderly! It's not an issue.)
I continue to watch my weight and enjoy much smaller, smarter close-fitting clothes. I always enjoy what I eat, though I feel in control and want to reach that "goal" whenever it comes. Meantime I am content to feel well and young, vigorous and active, teaching almost full time, have absorbing projects, lovely OH, family and grandchildren and have retrained my eating habits. That's also an important factor anyway as you get older.
I only talk about food and eating on the forum and with close 5:2-ing friends, but am not obsessive nor a bore and nor are they.
I meet people who say "Goodness, you really HAVE kept your weight down all this time!" How true, haha! What do we know!
Hey Stowie, never mind, :confused: , great post and as you say keep on keeping on.
Simple is the best, and your maintenance shows that it's a corker. You can carry on enjoying your life (and cruises) :oops: then putting all the baggage away soon after getting back.
Thanks for sharing. :victory:
Congratulations and Many Happy Returns of the Fastiversary Day!
Congratulations on your promotion to the third years. Happy Fastiversary. :cake:
Congratulations !!! :rose:

Being able to stick to it for that long even the sometimes downs is a huge victory as, it seems to me anyway, that's the biggest job there is when one lose weight, stick to it even when it would be easier to give up
Hurrah and congratulations!
Great post Stowie Val! And massive congratulations! X
Drinking to your success with a nice cup of tea..

Mexican Wave for our good pal and magnificent IF er!
ImageImageImage
22 posts Page 1 of 2