The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

19 posts Page 1 of 2
The last piece in my jigsaw?
18 Mar 2015, 13:26
After losing 73lbs (or just over 5 stones) I'm pretty pleased with my maintenance over the last year, but have had a sneaky feeling that, yes, I could just do better!
There were two areas where I thought I was a bit weak... exercise and that social drink in the evening, one of which I don't like.. and the other I do (and it's not hard to guess, is it?). But I am resolved to follow through and just... do better!
I have set myself modest, achievable targets... longer walks with the dogs, gentle cycle rides (hoping I don't fall off and ping a rib like I did last year!) and walking with hubster to a target of 10k step at least 3 times a week.
And I am steadily making my way through various hot chocolate drinks, as I have identified that (like a smoker, which thankfully I've never been) the hand to mouth movement of drink has become habit, regardless, it seems to me, whether it's alcohol or not. This target? No alcohol Sunday to Friday.
It may mean a rejig of food intake, which I'll continue to monitor via MFP, as I don't actually want to lose more weight.
Wish me luck, please!!
Definitely wish you luck, @pennyforthem. You really think things through and introduce changes gradually, which is the secret ingredient. All the best with the latest step in your "considered eating".
Hi penns,good to see you x
I echo Barbarita's words x
And well,done on everything you've attained thru all yr own hard work over the last few years xx
Glad you're still going to enjoy a few scoops weekends..life is too short to stuff mushrooms as the saying goes!
Good luck with your new target @pennyforthem. Just monitor your weight as you evolve. I found that it didn't make much difference to me at all, but if it does you might find yourself being able to have an extra slice of cake from time to time instead . Well done on your maintenance :heart:
Admirable goals, @PennyForThem. Your dogs are happy with the longer walks, I'm sure. But your husband? Is he down with these longer walks? Every time my husband and I agree to this sort of goal to do together, instead of keeping each other strong, we tend to weaken one another's resolve. One of us wimps out on a walk and the other stays home too. :-/
Wow, congratulations on your loss! Wonderful! Sounds like you have a great game plan.
Congrats on being an inspirational maintainer!

Why not try something new and completely different by combining the fun of social drinking and morning walks (with or without the dogs) by signing you and the hubs up for a local 5K (or park run)? Nothing says you can't walk them (many people do). Conversations all the way with hundreds of likeminded (most first-timers call them crazy) people seems to both shorten the distance and increase the enjoyment. And the drinks?? Well, OK, water...generally twice along the scenic course, with some refreshments and a happy sense of accomplishment at the end. A fun way to start the day. :smile:
You are another star shining bright in my night sky Pennyforthem.
Good luck with your new puzzle.
Congratulations on being such an inspirational maintainer. I am aiming for 4 alcohol free evenings during the week. I found it hard to break the habit of pouring a glass of wine whilst cooking but have got into the swing of it now :grin:
Well done our Penns, sounds good to me too, a challenge through Spring is fun and positive :0)
Good for you, Penny.
Congrats on your maintaining and I love the way you think it through and come up with a plan.
Fingers crossed for you! :clover: :oops:
That sounds great Penny! Hopefully you will find you enjoy the extra walks - the dogs certainly will - and won't miss the drinks. Best wishes and good luck. :)
Congratulations to you @PennyForthem :like: :clover: and good luck in achieving your latest goals. :clover: and take it easy on that bike Image :wink:
Well done thus far and as 'they' say: the best predictor of future behavior is past behaviour and u show that when u set a goal u achieve it! I too have that sit down, relax, have a glass of red...oh that was nice, let's prolong the niceness and have another :oops: when u cut down to 1 day a week, you will drink way less, cos you'll be blind on 1 drink :-):-):-) For me, alcohol makes a huge difference to my weight, in fact I often give it up for years and I maintain easily without watching food. I am heading in this direction now. Once the 1/2 full wine fridge is empty I may well turn it off. It's a mattrt of priorities, would I prefer cake/sweet stuff or red wine? I nevet miss the booze when I ditch it, I'm not one to hang aroun in barings these days. Really it's just habit: park bum in front of TV, wind down with wine, hot chocolate or tea is just as good. Let us know how u go.
19 posts Page 1 of 2