The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

17 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Tomorrow
17 Oct 2014, 06:49
The situation with the children at bed time must be a nightmare. You are exhausted, stressed and down and when you feel like it's virtually impossible to find the motivation.

There's some excellent advice here. Look at things more simplistically and just try and focus on the basics of 5:2. Forget hypnotherapy and a shed load of diet books and just try some basic fasting. That will get you back into the swing of things until you get other things sorted out.

You need to get the bedtime routine sorted out to enable you to feel less stressed and get yourself some rest. Cruel to be kind and all that. You cannot cope with that day in day out. It's exhausting and soul destroying. I don't know how old your children are, but when my son was about a year old he would wake crying in the night and every night one of us would go in to him, take him out of his cot and sleep with him on a sofa bed we had set up in his room. It got to the point we were tearing our hair out about it because it was every single night. We decided enough was enough. When he cried, one of us would go in, lay him back down and say nothing. We then left the room. When he cried again, we would do exactly the same. It is important that they get no response from you, no words of any kind. We had to do this for a week. After that week he got the message and from that day slept like a top. He never ever woke again during the night.

I think if you could sort the bedtime situation out you'd feel so much better about things and would have the time and energy to focus on you.

I do know how easy it is to reach for the quick fix sugary/fatty foods when you're stressed as I used to do exactly that. Have a think about something that you really love but is healthy, to me it would be certain fruits like raspberries or pomegranates. Have some of those in the house and when you're stressed and want to reach for something sweet, instead of getting a bar of chocolate have the healthier treat instead.

I do wish you luck with it all because I can sense from the tone of your original post how fed up and weary you are.
:clover:

:chicken2:
Re: Tomorrow
17 Oct 2014, 15:06
aha again such great replies. I will try and find some L-Glutamine and that is probably right about seeking some help for the children, you are right about the habits. Hubby is off this weekend so I'll get some help and be able to walk the dog by myself which will be a good break. Thank you so much everyone. I have to go get up town before everything shuts or I'd write more but I am really so grateful for all your help. x x
17 posts Page 2 of 2