The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

9 posts Page 1 of 1
A disappointing gain!
11 Mar 2013, 23:04
Hi all, today was my 7th fast day (4th week) of the fast diet. I have been doing great until now.. I had lost 6lbs in 3 weeks which I was over the moon about but then this weekend happened! Now I can honestly say I didn't feel like I had overly gorged (no more than what I had been before I started the 5:2 diet) & yet on my weigh in today I had gained 4lbs! So now I'm nearly back to square one and I feel that the last 3 weeks have been for nothing..

I'm finding that I'm doubting it now & just wondered if anyone else had or is experiencing this??

Feeling a little gutted :frown:
Re: A disappointing gain!
11 Mar 2013, 23:13
Hi I'm sorry you have not lost any weight this week, but have you got your period ? I don't mean to be personal but it is known that you can gain quite a bit of weight then, its just a thought and don't give up keep going you are doing really well
11 Mar 2013, 23:17
Give your body a chance to reset. You are losing at a rate above average anyway - also it could be 'the time' which will account for some fluid retention. I go really well for 3 weeks then seem to be static for 2 and then off I go again.
11 Mar 2013, 23:23
Hey Jodie. I know how it feels but try not to be too disappointed. Weight can fluctuate so much, and sometimes for no apparent reason. You'll probably find that you'll lose again next week or the week after. Stick with it and try to take a long-term view. I'm in much the same position as you - here's my blog post about it if that helps: http://fastdays.wordpress.com/2013/03/0 ... ut-weight/
11 Mar 2013, 23:24
Hi Jodie
I had a really 'bad' week last week
Was away from home on Monday(my usual fast day) and out for a really big meal...out also for lunch on Tuesday...ate a bag of Wine gums over the 2 days and only realized as I popped the last wine gum in my mouth on the plane on the way home that I had eaten 600kcals in that 1 bag!!! and the weekend ended as badly as it began with me over indulging on mothers day....
but
today is a new week and my first fast day of the week....my body needs this after last week!!
keep with it Jodiekay...there could be many reasons for your weight fluctuation... think of the 2 lbs you have lost in 3 weeks and build on that...lets see how you average after another 3 weeks and if still having probs there are some very knowledgeable people here who will give you help...but its very early days yet xxx
11 Mar 2013, 23:27
Please read my post on why the scales show an increase even when you've been good...you'll find it in the frequently asked questions board! It explains why the scales tell you lies!
12 Mar 2013, 22:48
Hi all, thanks for your responses :0)

I weighed myself this morning after fasting on Monday and I had subsequently lost the 4lb I had put on over the weekend! So, I am feeling recharged and ready to go again!

I am not ready to throw in te towel yet and I am definitely noticing a difference in my eating habits and wanting to chose more wisely etc and I do look forward to that empty feeling on my fast days now..

On another note, I have decided that when I am naughty (if that piece of cake is calling me) I'm going to try only eating half. I thought about this after treating myself to a rather big helping of rocky road at the weekend and after eating it I felt so sick! It really was too much, so rather than go without, next time I'm only going to have half!

:0)
12 Mar 2013, 22:59
Very interesting article by the way, thank you xx
13 Mar 2013, 01:21
JOdieKay, I feel your pain, as I just finished Fast #5 yesterday, and today find that I am 'up' 2.5 lbs after losing 3 lbs last week. I had been monitoring my weight and was 'down' as of Saturday, and then boom, today jumped up. I was pretty upset. After reading all comments I am going to try to keep calm, and get back at it with my next fast day (tomorrow).
My rational brain knows this is something that I am in for the long haul... but after a great first week, I was really hoping for more.
9 posts Page 1 of 1