The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

28 posts Page 1 of 2
I've reached my goal!
13 Mar 2013, 08:09
It may not seem like a lot to those who are on a longer journey but I have lost 6lbs since starting 5:2 meaning I've reached my target of 9st 7lbs. I've also lost 2 inches from my waist. Although I was not overweight to start with my GP suggested that losing just a few pounds might help with my high-end-of-normal blood test readings.

I feel it is important to say that those 6lbs have been around for a very long time, hugging my middle and 5:2 is the only way of eating to shift them. I've tried other ways before and failed.

I am now going to experiement with 6:1 and other shorter fasts to maintain this weight. So, I will be keeping my progress tracker and update it monthly.

I have learned a lot from these forums. Thank you. :smile:
Re: I've reached my goal!
13 Mar 2013, 08:15
Hurrah - great news. Well done you!
13 Mar 2013, 08:16
Well done Muppet. I know what it's like to have those stubborn pounds. :like:
13 Mar 2013, 08:17
:oops: Good morning and well done you must be very pleased, I am in a similar position to you, before this diet I couldn't get under 10 stone no matter how hard I tried but last week I weighed myself and was 9st 13lbs yey!!! I would like to get down another few pounds and then just maintain, good luck and well done x
13 Mar 2013, 08:36
Well done Muppet!

Feeling the joy too as I've just reached target of 9st having lost 14 lbs since 14/1. Let's hope this is the way to keep those middle hugging pounds off!

I agree the forums are very helpful and I will continue to track and dip in and out.

Thanks everybody & keep going!
13 Mar 2013, 10:05
:star: congratulations :star: :-D
13 Mar 2013, 10:11
Well done! It will be interesting to see how you get on with maintenance as that's what I plan to do when I get down to my target weight. A few months to go yet for me, I fear!
13 Mar 2013, 10:15
Whoop whoop! Hurrah for you and Fee. Well done :-)
13 Mar 2013, 10:17
Yay well done :)
13 Mar 2013, 10:19
:-)

It may be 6 lbs but it's your health and all the weight you haven't put on as well. Well done.
13 Mar 2013, 10:19
Well done, you must be feeling great!
13 Mar 2013, 10:20
Congratulations! Wonderful to hear these good stories :victory:
13 Mar 2013, 10:21
Well done indeed! :D

I hope to see a great many more topics like this as the weeks and months go by!
13 Mar 2013, 11:05
Well done you!
It can be harder to lose weight when there is only a small amount to lose and when others exclaim you don't need to lose weight at all. I hope your bloods have improved for you too.
13 Mar 2013, 15:58
Well done! On a fast day today and this has motivated me to keep going!
28 posts Page 1 of 2