The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

22 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: How would you celebrate?
21 Mar 2013, 20:49
well done - Ive lost 11 & 1/2 lbs in 9 weeks and never felt like this was a diet :lol: love it
21 Mar 2013, 21:03
Well done! I'm new and your success has given me hope! Can't wait to get into all them old clothes (fingers crossed).
21 Mar 2013, 21:20
I agree. It just doesn't feel like it is costing any effort ( opposite of 'no pain, no gain'); I think it shouldn't really work and so am amazed that it does.....
Thanks for all the responses. Isn't it fab that we all live in such different places but have one common factor?
21 Mar 2013, 21:28
Brilliant!!!
What an amazing achievement.
You are such an inspiration to us all.
Cheers!!
21 Mar 2013, 21:33
Well done eve. I would buy a lovely dress and have a great night out.
21 Mar 2013, 21:44
To all those who are just starting, I would say don't worry if some days/ weeks are not good. I weigh myself at the same time every day and ( being a bit of a nerd) have carefully tracked what has been happening.
My weight loss has never been dramatic and so I was truly shocked when I went to buy a new dress last week - my usual size 16 was way too big and I was easily able to slip into a 14 (and now a 12).
Although I had been weighing myself, I hadn't been measuring my waist so didn't appreciate how much my shape has changed.
I honestly thought that I would just drift into being an older, fatter woman.
How wrong was I ??
21 Mar 2013, 22:09
Congratulations EveS - certainly the sort of news that motivates us all!

I'm going to celebrate by 'backing' my youngster, another 4kg to go until I won't feel guilty about my weight on his poor young inexperienced back ...... If I don't manage to lose the weight then someone else will have to do him & I would regret that for the rest of my life.
22 posts Page 2 of 2