The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

4 posts Page 1 of 1
30-day HIIT challenge
02 Jun 2015, 21:30
I would have posted this and started this yesterday had I seen it then. I just saw this today and am starting when I get home from work tonight. I'm posting in case anyone else is interested. I love me some HIIT so I'm looking forward to this challenge.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-30-day ... challenge/
Re: 30-day HIIT challenge
03 Jun 2015, 01:09
This is interesting. I already have my own routine I do, but I could make a commitment to make sure that includes a certain number of cardio HIIT and strength training sessions per week. I'm a bit injury prone, so things like lunges are out for me...
03 Jun 2015, 16:12
MaryAnn wrote: This is interesting. I already have my own routine I do, but I could make a commitment to make sure that includes a certain number of cardio HIIT and strength training sessions per week. I'm a bit injury prone, so things like lunges are out for me...

Consider squats instead of lunges to work the glutes and supporting leg muscles without all the wobbling (especially when starting out) of also having to balance.

Easiest way to start these is to sit lightly onto a dining room chair then immediately stand up without using your hands for a boost, and without leaning forward. They work the major bum muscles which are often quite weak for those of us who sit a lot during the day. Start with a single set of 10-15. Work up to one or two sets of 25-50 makes adding lunges later much easier (and safer).

A bonus for runners here: Squats work very well as part of a dynamic warm up routine and you'll notice much more spring in your step while running due to increasing strength.

For non-runners, climbing stairs will become much easier.
03 Jun 2015, 17:26
@MaryAnn You could also perhaps use a box (the kind one would do box jumps with or something of equal height to that) and just step up and down (alternating legs).
4 posts Page 1 of 1