The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

5 posts Page 1 of 1
93 year old teaching yoga!!
11 Dec 2013, 10:32
Just had to share this with you. For those of you wondering what exercise would be most beneficial...I think this truly amazing lady says it all... :heart:

http://youtu.be/1n1GtOaL7XU
Re: 93 year old teaching yoga!!
11 Dec 2013, 11:35
Bloom in' heck, that lady makes me feel old, fat, unfit, ugly, lazy, AND, did you see her do the tango? I'm well impressed, if only.....sigh! :cry: :confused: :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
11 Dec 2013, 16:52
And then there is the guy in the UK Daily Mail on line who is lifting heavy weights in his 90s. Sorry I don't know how to post the link on iPad. He looks incredible!
11 Dec 2013, 17:00
I went back to yoga about a month ago. I'd been doing weights but arthritis means my thumbs have a tendency just to open on their own accord and that's not good with weights over your head! I used to do yoga years ago and enjoyed it. Someone posted a mention of a Barbara Curry book and it set me off again. I'm really noticing an improvement in my muscles and especially in my balance. Sleeping better too but don't know if that's down to yoga or a different dose of Vit D.
11 Dec 2013, 17:17
Oh yes @miffy49 Barbara Currie is wonderful. I think she must be in her 70s now and looks so young. She gives so much good advice...including simple little facial movements to do on a daily basis to get rid of those double or even triple chins!! Definitely recommend her to anyone thinking about starting yoga :-)
5 posts Page 1 of 1