The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Anyone doing Freeletics?
20 Jul 2014, 16:52
Just downloaded the app and wondering if anyone here has tried it out. It looks like another form of HIIT. Would like to hear from folks here rather than online reviews from people I don't know. Thanks!
Re: Anyone doing Freeletics?
20 Jul 2014, 17:50
Sounds interesting. But I wanted to tell you that I did run yes run race for life 5k today. Feeling amazingly accomplished.
Great to see you btw. :heart:
20 Jul 2014, 18:32
Hi @Rawkaren. I would be interested in knowing how you get on with freeletics. A forum member here, @hungerfitness, recently posted an interesting article on his blog about increading fitness at home without equipment.
20 Jul 2014, 20:50
rawkaren wrote: Just downloaded the app and wondering if anyone here has tried it out. It looks like another form of HIIT. Would like to hear from folks here rather than online reviews from people I don't know. Thanks!

Haven't tried it, but it sounds pretty cool. I'm not surprised that the work-outs provided are all a form of HIIT. It makes sense because in order to get really good results using bodyweight exercises you either have to do a lot of volume or ramp up the intensity. Considering that most people prefer to bust ass for an half an hour, rather than methodically mess around for multiple hours, HIIT is the logical approach.

HIIT is also likely to burn more calories due to an "after-effect" that stimulates the metabolism. It's not as much about the calories you burn during work-out, but more about the one's you burn hours and days afterwards from the ramped up metabolism.

scubachick wrote: Hi @Rawkaren. I would be interested in knowing how you get on with freeletics. A forum member here, @hungerfitness, recently posted an interesting article on his blog about increading fitness at home without equipment.

Thanks @scubachick!

@rawkaren, perhaps you can take a look at the 3 points I brought out in the article about the basics of training. Once you keep those in mind, you can make just about any routine work wonders, if it doesn't already.

From my experience, a lot of work-out plans fail to apply at-least one of those three concepts and because of that, provide only limited help to people. You simply cannot have good long term results if one of those concepts is missing.

I hope it's of some help to you! :)
20 Jul 2014, 23:48
Thank you! @carieoates. Fabulous news on your achievement you must feel on top of the world today! @scubachick and @hungerfitness, thank you for the tips. I'm going to start tomorrow and will let you know how it goes.
21 Jul 2014, 01:36
Great article @HungerFitness and glad I found your blog. Thanks @rawkaren :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1