The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

9 posts Page 1 of 1
August Fitbit Chat
04 Aug 2015, 19:09
It's the 4th and I decided it was time to kick off the chat for August.
This month I'm going to make a real effort to get my Active Minutes up. What Fitbit goals do other people have for August?
Re: August Fitbit Chat
04 Aug 2015, 19:39
My goal this month is:
1) to ALWAYS meet my 10,000 step minimum. On days that I do zumba, I'm usually about 15,000 or more. :victory: No problem. Non zumba days are more hit and miss. NO MORE! From this day forth, I will be 100% on this.
2) to get at least 7 hours sleep every night. :bugeyes:
Both of these are pretty important. Wish me luck. :clover:
04 Aug 2015, 20:20
Oh I'm 10th on the leaderboard for active minutes. Very happy with that - just hope I can keep it up. Have a good month everyone. :clover:
25 Aug 2015, 10:39
Hello,
I just bought a fitbit flex yesterday and I'm so excited to use it! I am a teacher and started back yesterday (no kids until Thursday.) I can't wait to see how much I walk during a school day. I've connected it to MFP which seems really cool. I gave up fasting for the summer too, so I'll be starting that up again next week. Between that and this, hopefully I can get to my goal soon!
I look forward to joining in your chats!
25 Aug 2015, 11:11
So I've had my fitbit on for about half an hour. Went downstairs, made my breakfast and such and then came back upstairs. It says I've burned 423 calories, does that seem right?
25 Aug 2015, 11:31
cblasz wrote: So I've had my fitbit on for about half an hour. Went downstairs, made my breakfast and such and then came back upstairs. It says I've burned 423 calories, does that seem right?

Hi the reason is it estimates how many calories you will burn by just existing, as you know we burn calories by sleeping even. So that's why we have a number to start the day with,it's not cheating,
25 Aug 2015, 11:35
Thanks Caroline, I've read a little bit about it and I guess that makes sense. We'll see what it says by the end of the day! I am wearing it on my right (dominant) hand. I know it recommends against that, but it's more comfortable for me there. I did change the setting in the app to reflect that. If I think it's a big problem though I'll see if I can switch it!
25 Aug 2015, 11:39
I never place much reliance on the 'number of calories burned' because it's too tempting to think that, if you've used a lot, it's an excuse to eat more! I mainly use mine just for counting steps.
28 Aug 2015, 11:03
Hello!
Yesterday was the first day of school with kids, so I knew it would be a good day for steps. Afterwards I had a meeting at my college and then had to work on my college classes. When I got home I was exhausted. When I got in bed I saw that I was SO close to 10000 steps. I thought about getting up and running up and down the stairs a few times, but I was just exhausted. Hopefully I'll hit it today.
I am really liking the fitbit so far. And I LOVE how my runkeeper feeds into MFP and then they both feed into the fitbit app. It's all very slick!
How is everyone else doing? Are you friends on fitbit?
9 posts Page 1 of 1