The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Calling Fitbitters
23 Oct 2015, 17:53
I know it is a bit late in the day to start an October Fitbit chat, but I'm starting it now.
We're a big group now - 43 of us, and I suspect we are all so busy Stepping, that we haven't had time to chat about it. So tell us about how you and your Fitbit have done in October. I'll start us off.....
I started October on a walking holiday in France organised by an excellent company called WalkInn Provence. We were a group of 4 plus a guide, and had a wonderful holiday. We started at Avignon (very accessible from the UK, direct on Eurostar), were transported to Gigondas, then Buoux, then St Remy de Provence and finally Arles. On the first day at each location we did a circular walk from the hotel, and on the second day a linear walk before being picked up and transported to our next hotel. My current position on the leader board is entirely due to this holiday.
So over to you, what have you been up to in October?
Re: Calling Fitbitters
23 Oct 2015, 22:12
Nice one Sian, sounds right up your street. Wish I was still a fitbitter, if only for the leaderboard.
:like:
I will slope out quietly and not slam the door behind me.
24 Oct 2015, 11:10
I'm afraid that my steps are well down on what is already a lower target than most people's! I blame the dog! :frown: She was spayed three weeks ago and was on ten-minute, lead walks, only. I found it almost impossible to go for longer walks on my own, because she would get so excited because she thought she was coming, so I too have been doing ten minute walks! That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it! :wink:
25 Oct 2015, 11:48
I have been up and down with mine. I've been really busy with work and also went away for 2 weekends, so I've been trying to get caught up with stuff. This week I'm hoping to get back into a routine and hit my 10K goal every day!

Are you all "friends" on the fitbit app? I'd love to join you, if you are. Here's my URL: //www.fitbit.com/user/3NXFBF
25 Oct 2015, 19:08
cblasz wrote: I have been up and down with mine. I've been really busy with work and also went away for 2 weekends, so I've been trying to get caught up with stuff. This week I'm hoping to get back into a routine and hit my 10K goal every day!

Are you all "friends" on the fitbit app? I'd love to join you, if you are. Here's my URL: //www.fitbit.com/user/3NXFBF

@Debscan you add her please. I'm not on it anymore so sadly cannot, it's a closed group which you can only gain access via an email invite from an existing member @cblasz cblasz, almost forgot she needs your email add cblasz
25 Oct 2015, 19:18
Sorry to be a pain... if anyone can add me, that would be fantastic. URL: //www.fitbit.com/user/22DBNJ
I generally hit 10K plus per day, although lately I've had multiple days where that hasn't happened. Any sort of accountability would be helpful... thanks!
25 Oct 2015, 23:47
We need an email to add someone to the group -- so feel free to send a PM (Private Message) to me or SianS with your email address and we will add you to the fitbit leaderboard :-)

I've been doing moderately well. I'm not getting my goal every day, but I am getting it most days. So that's good.
26 Oct 2015, 03:08
Thanks everyone for the info! @tracieknits I sent you a message!
26 Oct 2015, 03:35
My fitbit does not seem to be working. The display is not working properly and is recording haphazardly. I have to synch it and look at my progress from my phone as I can't pick it up on the Surge any more.
26 Oct 2015, 11:03
rawkaren wrote: My fitbit does not seem to be working. The display is not working properly and is recording haphazardly. I have to synch it and look at my progress from my phone as I can't pick it up on the Surge any more.

I would contact Fitbit and they'll either replace it or they'll offer a super cheap replacement if it's far outside of the warranty. My scale stopped working, the warranty had expired a few months prior, and they still sent me a new one as a one-time-only replacement.
26 Oct 2015, 15:50
Ladies, if you PM me your email addresses I'll add you as the site didn't like the URL. Deb
27 Oct 2015, 16:28
@Egduf If I'd realised you would leap straight in at No 2 on the leaderboard I'm not sure I would have been so willing to invite you :razz:
28 Oct 2015, 08:40
@SianS It feels really strange as I'm a lot more used to being at the back of races! Will be upping the training in December as getting ready for my first marathon in April :shock:
08 Nov 2015, 21:22
I've PMed Tracieknits with my email address. I've got a fitbit One for my birthday and can now join in. Hopefully it will help having a leaderboard to inspire me.
09 Nov 2015, 04:08
I've invited you to the group, Brandie :-) I hope you had a fantastic birthday!
16 posts Page 1 of 2