The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all
I have a Lumia Windows phone & I am wondering about a fitness app to use. I did use myfitnesspal a while back on the computer but it was such a fiddle having to log every bite I ate (and given that most of my food is homemade I often had to input the entire recipe), but I am interested in something that helps me to get the most out of my exercise and keeps me motivated. Stuff like mapping runs, tracking calories burned at the gym, workout routines etc. Not sure how fussed I am about logging food intake but if it was easy then yeah why not?!
Any recommendations? Obviously a free app would be great but would pay a small amount for a really good one.
I'd keep going with MFP as you can store your homemade recipes . I do that and then pull them out for making and logging. My experience is that yes it's a right faff but as you build your repetoire and log often you can pull you're faves out easily.
Nike do a free running app, I only use it for walking though! I think there may be some food logging on it although I haven't investigated that as I don't count calories. I also have a Fitbit flex which comes with software on which you can log food intake. Hope this helps.
Thanks both. Have been toying with the idea of getting a fitbit or perhaps a Jawbone (strange name!) but think I might end up spending ages on the computer logging stuff in and getting obsessed with calories etc. Might go back on MFP to see how it works on my phone and if its a help or hindrance. I'm not very good at keeping up with data entry on these things so need something fairly simple - like me! :bugeyes:
@Greenmonster, I just use the Nike training app, or nothing at all if I just want to unwind, but my colleague swears by runtastic which he has on his windows phone. Keep meaning to try it myself.
@greenmonster I use sports tracker on my Nokia 625, it's free and works well for me http://www.sports-tracker.com
6 posts Page 1 of 1