The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Spinning Advice
06 Jan 2014, 12:59
Hi, I discovered the spinning class at my gym a few days ago and loved it, but my butt and arches of my feet really hurt during the class. The seat was so uncomfortable as were the pedals on the bike. I have been researching and seen that you can buy special spin shoes, but can't really afford them right now, does anyone know if insoles will help in my regular trainers? Also the padded bicycle pants, are they worth it?
Re: Spinning Advice
06 Jan 2014, 15:00
I have been "spinning" since it came out in the 90s - glad you are enjoying it
You shouldn't really be able to feel the pedals on the bike through normal thickish soled trainers - speak to your instructor maybe...

Personally I would not buy the shorts - just get the gel filled saddle cover, much more comfortable. Then you can wear any shorts rather than making sure you have this one pair available...

Enjoy your spinning journeys !
Re: Spinning Advice
06 Jan 2014, 15:39
I have to disagree - I won't spin without padded shorts - I am a triathlete though so I would use them for out on the bike aswell as in class. The pedals thing is a bit strange but they are never really the most comfortable of contraptions. I wouldn't invest in spinning shoes - I'm not really sure what they are but they shouldnt be necessary. I use clip in shoes during triathlons and normal runners during spin classes and it's all the same. You might need to look at your trainers though- what type did you use? You should be using a proper running shoe and not a fashion trainer such as converse or the like unless its specifically made for running
3 posts Page 1 of 1