The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

30 posts Page 1 of 2
I rarely measure but since mid July Ive lost 4 cm off my waste (above Belly button), 3.5 off my belly button area and about 0-2cm off my stomach area. (I think its more but i find measuring stomach area to be difficult, dont know why)

The lost of say 3 kg since mid April has had a massive improvement on overall shape and ability to fit into jeans and skirts but I'm aiming for a really really flat stomach or near-to-flat. I think WHEN I lose my next 4kg, which is my target loss the stomach will not be as flat as i like it to be.

Who here looks at themselves in the mirror, holding the stomach in your hands to just say, if only that bit wasn't there id be 100% better.

Anyhow..

Tips for "spot toning" the stomach area?

Please don't depress me to say you can't spot tone :lol:

Not big on floor exercises but i guess i just have to get the courage.
Juliana I was just about to start a thread near enough exactly the same as this. How strange! I am starting to think my tummy is not going to be flat either even after I have lost another 7-14ib, it just doesn't have the 'right' shape and is unfortunately where I carry my weight :(
Any advice would be wonderful also.
Lil :heart:
That is scary LilSmiler. I guess so many of us will have that problem. its a "girl thing"
I think so :( I've never really had a flat tummy, and most of my family, although not overweight, carry their weight in that area. Annoying!
Lil :heart:
Several years ago I watched one of those weight loss programs on TV. One of the contestants was actually quite slender but had a pooch (that's what I call mine). She incorporated some typical exercises but also visited a massage lady who kneaded the heck out of her stomach...and I mean vigorous. It was suppose to get the blood flowing in that area and encourage repair. I'm thinking of trying on myself. Anyway, her results were amazing.
kneading sounds interesting. wonder how to self knead?

GIMF (google is my friend)

is this the sort of thing.. http://www.3fatchicks.com/how-to-do-wei ... e-at-home/

anyone tried it.

i bought one of those devices once that made you almost permanent "suck your stomach" in. sort of an isometric exercise that vibrated if you werent sucking in. Needless to say its one of those many devices that gathered dust.
This massage technique sounds a tad more gentle than what I recall on the show. However, it does say it can help with targeted fat loss. Hey, self massage is free, so worth trying, IMO.

I've been "firmly" massaging my bat wings when applying the Q10. Something is helping, massage , Q10, time, or a combination of all 3. When more pooch is gone will use same technique there:)
I googled the subject and

STOMACH VACUUM EXERCISE

seems to be the "term" for the sucking in exercise. I see from many links it does nothing then some do.. Anything to do with exercise methods I tend to be very skepical about. But I guess if someone told me a year ago i can loose weight by fasting for 2 days i wouldnt have believed them.

anyone got any "believable" science resource links behind whether stomach vacuum or "Transverse abdominal exercise" has any merit
Using more traditional methods, try holding a plank for a minute a few times a day. Pulls everything in. If you can't bear the gym do it when the ads breaks are on TV!
rawkaren wrote: Using more traditional methods, try holding a plank for a minute a few times a day. Pulls everything in. If you can't bear the gym do it when the ads breaks are on TV!

standing up?
what weight?
Planks are a static hold which tighten your core.......not quite sure if you are joking Juliana.....
Lol
I tried the plank challenge, I was utterly useless. I think that I am aware of my stomach and because of this I hold it in alsmost permanently. In fact if I "let to go" it's very uncomfortable. I believe that the correct exercise is definitely the key.
Juliana, the "plank" is an exercise but I'll let Rawkaren explain it. No planks of wood are involved ! :)
Actually I wasn't joking and pictured myself holding a piece of wood in front me ! haha

but now realise after googling it, what you mean by "hold a plank" theres various ways but yeah I guess i can try that.

http://www.leanitup.com/plank-your-way- ... ariations/
This is my problem area. I've been trying to do regular 'tightening' holds, but not yet done real exercises.
Maybe some useful ideas here...
http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/5-2-diet-f7/how-can-women-lose-the-dangerous-abdominal-fat-t7883.html
:clover:
thanks Golarne

this is correct link too. was just missing l in url

5-2-diet-f7/how-can-women-lose-the-dangerous-abdominal-fat-t7883.html
30 posts Page 1 of 2