The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

12 posts Page 1 of 1
It was fast day for me and I was full of energy today, quite surprising.
I am curious as to how active people are generally.

Those of us of working age will mostly have to spend at least some time sitting in front of a screen which I have done today. Also have worked in my b&b changing beds and cleaning, quite active. Have mucked out two horses and carried hay out to fields for the others, brought horses in and out, quite active. Have been for a swim and done a pilates class quite active.

No wonder I'm sitting down doing this now, having enjoyed my fast day dinner, quite tired now, ready for bed soon.

How active were you today?
Not very. Mainly doing washing.

Have rosacea & the cold is setting it off.

Must do some Pilates & get along to some classes or swim.
I thought I wouldn't have the energy for exercise on my fast days but I am surprised to find that I have. I went for a 3 mile walk. I would normally do that 5 days a week but without the food, I was presuming that tiredness would take over. It's a good feeling to know that I did my exercise :)
Left the car at home today and walked 2.5 miles to work and then home again this evening (feast day rewarded myself with a glass of wine) :)
I have an office job but cycle to work. Sadly it's only a five minute ride if I take the direct route so I take a small diversion over a local hill and "give it my all" over the hill in order to really get my heart going. I do this in both directions to attempt to get at least a little vigorous exercise each day...
Hopefully the lighter nights will make it a bit easier for everyone soon.
Yep, did a 4am core and stretch this morning and now fasting. I haven't had a problem with exercise and fasting which I was very surprised by so I shall keep it up although I stick to cardio rather than weights on fast days.
Yesterday I did 40 mins cardio at gym, cleaned my car (now it doesn't look like the park anymore) and walked around the park with kids, pushed them in the swings and generally was the bag lady before and after school (my form of weight training....what do they have in those bags is the question I ask myself?)
Have been doing a very good impression of a couch potato of late. Used to go to the gym about 3 times a week until middle of last year and then job went a bit bonkers so lost the routine. Starting to think about going back which is a step in the right direction.....

Anyway got day off today and some retail therapy is in order - so that should burn a few more cals versus sitting behind a desk all day!
I do Bikram 5-6 times per week. Amazing exercise, makes you feel incredible afterwards and especially so on a fast day. Highly recommend to anyone that has a bikram studio near them. INCREDIBLE for toning/weight loss too - all the girls and guys that have been going for a while have fantastic bods! Also great for people with injuries. One of the teachers had scoliosis and was in agony until he started this yoga. Sorry to sound like a saleswoman, I just want to share this incredible form of exercise with the world! Fat, thin, young, old, injured or not, it really is fantastic for everyone. For those interested in just the weight loss aspect, it's common for some people to lose a stone in a month doing Bikram with no alterations to their lifestyles, so combined with 5:2, it's even more effective!
Suz
Didn't think I would manage (fast day) but finished a 3 mile run today. It was simple and to the point and glad I finally got up and did it lol. I've always been an avid runner, just been in a slump as of late.

Running is an awesome and cheap form of exercise. If anyone's interested C25K is a great program for beginners. I highly recommend it
I do my regular exercise classes on fast days (yoga or step classes). Gets my mind off the fact that I'm not eating (much)!

suzantastic: Glad to hear there are other yoga enthusiasts out there. It really is an all-purpose awesome exercise!
12 posts Page 1 of 1