The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Ouch!! Exercise started...
27 Feb 2013, 20:20
3rd fast day tomorrow and after going abit mad on chocolates and crisps the last 2 days I decided tonight I needed to undo my naughtiness, I've dug out my aerobic stepper and have just done 500 steps :) after 150 my legs were killing but powered through :) hoping to increase by 150 steps every day (feast days) and hopefully it will help with the weight loss :) what sort of exercise do you all do? :) x
Re: Ouch!! Exercise started...
27 Feb 2013, 20:34
Hi!
I really like pilates and yoga, I also like Jillian Michaels' dvds which are so punishing! The only problem is finding time to fit them into my day (I work and have two small children, plus a dog to walk!). I have been slacking off the exercise dvds a lot in the past few months and mainly just taking the dog on long walks. I'm hoping to get back into them, I need to structure my days better I think!
27 Feb 2013, 20:44
I have a 3year old daughter too, the only exercise I used to do is walking to the bus stop for the nursery run!! But I've decided now once she's in bed (I'm usually on the sofa by then!!) that I'm going to do 500-1000 steps everyday (maybe not fast days unsure yet) I've always decided that one of the 3 days she goes to nursery we will walk. Hopefully I'll see some changes from doing this :)
27 Feb 2013, 21:24
I am doing the jillian micheals 30 day shred, it's hard but love it that it only takes 25minutes from start to finish. I used to try and exercise in the afternoon while my little one is having her nap but most times used to find an excuse and don't do it but now I have decided to wake up early and do it and so far it's been 3 weeks and I stuck to it plus it makes me start the day with lots of energy.
27 Feb 2013, 21:34
I bought josies 30 second slim but it's still sealed in the box...time to break it open I think!!!
28 Feb 2013, 13:55
Hi nataliejade21, I have that one as well and like yours it is still sealed, maybe you can let me know how you find it when you try it
28 Feb 2013, 18:42
I don't enjoy exercise, to be honest. But I have started parking at least 1/2 mile from the patisserie and doing a lot more walking around town (I live about 10 miles outside of town, so there's no going anywhere without a car, unless I want to visit a local horse farm).

Yes, the patisserie is an important part of my life. But this is why I am loving the 5:2 diet so very much. I can have my croissant breakfast once or twice a week, I can bring pastries home as a special dessert for my family and I'm still losing weight. I'm getting a lot better at this whole moderation thing though ;-)
28 Feb 2013, 21:53
Tried the 30 second slim....wow it was hard!! Going to try and stick with it though.

Tracieknits my problem is chocolate lol I have bought a bar of dairy milk and hidden it and plan on having 3 squares on feast days, luckily this is tomorrow yum yum :)
8 posts Page 1 of 1