The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

7 posts Page 1 of 1
I work from home and some weeks am so busy, I'm on the go from 7.30am to late in the evening. At other times, I have a lighter workload.
I don't want to join a gym, as I won't be able to go regularly, but would like to do some gentle exercise at home as, even at my busiest, I can usually find half an hour of 'me' time.

So, I'm looking for a DVD which will help build some fitness (I have a knee replacement and am not very supple).
I used to do a lot of cycling, which is a future goal, but I recognise I need to build up to that!!

Any suggestions out there please?
PennyForthem wrote: So, I'm looking for a DVD which will help build some fitness (I have a knee replacement and am not very supple).
I used to do a lot of cycling, which is a future goal, but I recognise I need to build up to that!!

Any suggestions out there please?

There are some Davina McCall DVDs, which have the advantage of being from the UK. "Davina Intense" is perhaps too much for you, at least to start

Look them up on amazon.co.uk and check the user reviews out.
Lesley Sansone's Walking at Home programmes are a great introduction to exercising, and quite a few are available on You Tube. They are low impact and I found them very useful when I started exercising. They're a little easy for me now that I've lost weight/ got fitter but I sometimes stick one on when it's too slidy for walking outside, and then I use handweights and put more oomph into it. I like the 5 mile walk (it's divided into 12 min mile sections).
Hi, I work from home too and often have the same problem.
I really like the 10 minute solutions beginners toning DVD but not sure if squats and lunges are any good for your bad knee. They have loads of different workouts in their range though, have a look on Amazon.
I too used Lesley Sansome "walk away the pounds"first on you tube and then my son bought the DVD, it is quite enjoyable on some of the walks she uses resistance bands or small weights.They are reasonable on the knees.I have also purchased a Fitbit device which also monitors sleep.I am 78 so my aim on this device is to beat 7000 steps and climb the stairs 7 times per day. Some days my goal is to work my cross trainer 7 times x 7 minutes all are mind tricks, and unfortunately I easily get side tracked and sometimes goals are forgotten!!
Thank you so much!
I've had a look at Lesley Sansome and think she's ideal! We do enjoy walking, but I have got out of the habit.
I'll have to work up to Davina (in my dreams!!)
There are some videos on the Telegraph website for the Stella Body Plan, which are for exercises you could do at home. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/dieta ... s-1-2.html
7 posts Page 1 of 1