The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

24 posts Page 2 of 2
Hello Isis I use the Wii fit plus too. It is fun and you can do it in private!! I only do the body test once a week now as your weight can go up and down on 5:2 but overall the trend is downward and it is nice to see on the graph. You can also enter your waist measurement. The yoga and stepa are great and the games are fun using calories whilst enjoying yourself. Good Luck
I can't really exercise following botched surgery three years ago, which has left me with injuries that will not heal and I also currently have two herniated discs; just walking, at the moment and for the last few months, has been impossible. However, in the two weeks since starting this style of eating I have lost 9 pounds without worrying at all about what I consume on non fast days.

Pablito
I'm attempting to lose the weight without exercise. I've been ill for 3 years and mostly housebound. I don't go outside unless someone is with me, and I can't walk without a stick or crutch. I have painful joints and not a lot of stamina, get tired very easily. I am hoping to be able to begin some regular exercise once I lose a good chunk of weight, when there will be less strain on my joints, and I can start regaining some independence.
Hello Pablito
I'm so sorry to read of your difficulties & I hope things will improve for you. Thank you for sharing your experience with us on this 5:2 way of eating & it's wonderful that it is working & you are losing weight. I feel very ashamed of myself for feeling that dodgy knees might hinder my exercise experience when you have so much more to contend with on a daily basis.
Thank you for posting & I hope you continue to do well.
Isis x
Hello Roxy
Thank you for sharing your situation with us. Judging from the other responses it certainly looks as though this way of eating does enable us to lose weight without exercise & that is certainly encouraging for me & I hope also for you. Losing weight can only help our joints & hopefully will also enable more flexibility & movement. I guess all any of us can do is stick with this way of eating & trust that it is helping us to become more healthy as well as lose weight.
I hope your next week goes well.
Isis x
To those with nadgered knees - the weight loss will make a HUGE difference.
Before I did WW and was 12 stone, I was unable to walk because of knee pain several days a month.
When I got down to 9 st it reduced to a few days a year.
As my weight crept back up to 10 st the pain came back.
Now I'm back under 9 st its gone again.

If you possibly can, have a go at
Pilates - lots of the postures are seated or lying down
Aquafit - as the water takes all the weight off your joints
Yoga - as the basic balances are really really got for improving all of your postural muscles (from ankle to neck) that will reduce pain in major joints.
To me, exercise and weight loss are two separate issues.

There is no doubt exercise is the number one thing I can do to improve my health, even above weight loss.

But once I understood I would have to walk 25 miles to burn 3500 calories (one pound), it became clear depending on exercise for any substantial weight loss was folly.
I have to exercise a lot to lose weight. I do half hour work-outs 3 times a week, a 45 minute hula hooping and abs class, and I do a school run twice a day with a toddler who is fast and fearless on his scooter.

Its certainly possible to lose without exercising though.
Good grief that really is impressive exercising incountingufoz! are you near to your goal weight now?
24 posts Page 2 of 2