The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I started exercising over the last week by taking some induction classes for a gym. As it was 1:1 it was more exertion than I'd done in quite a while and I was very stiff and sore after the first session, better after the 2nd and ok today.

However, I saw Caro's post about muscle tears and water retention and whilst feeling thinner, I've not dropped much or any weight this week.

I've always been of the notion that it's easier to diet when not exercising. I'm firmly in the camp of over-rewarding exertion. I'm also a believer in that you either lose pounds or inches, rarely both.

I'm just interested in how this works? Does anyone know? This perhaps should be in the Nerdy Corner? :D
BBT: I beleive that the combination of reducing intake and dieting are seen as going hand in hand for weight loss- obviously if you are burning more calories because of exercise then you will loose more weight. Perhaps the reason it is easier to do one or the other is if someone is not used to doing either then starting 2 new programmes is too much to sustain. However if you are already a regular exerciser then it is a habbit that does not have to be thought about so easier to continue. Saying that -I can't say that I have felt overwhelmed to exercise on a fasting day (mind you I've only just begun)and that could be becuase I'm nervous about how it will effect me - one of the things I like about this WOE is that it does not restrict calories on 5 days - giving plenty of oppourtunities to exercise when not restricting intake. Sadly the best thing for stiff sore muscles is to do more exercise as it warms the muscles and stretches them again - but that's hard to do if you can barely get out of bed! Perhaps some yoga or pilates would be a good thing to aim for on fasting days if you feel the need to do something (plus takes your mind off hunger pangs!)
Yeah, happily do some Pilates to stretch out.

I've always been prone to DOMS, even after netball as a kid! I've been on this WOE since Dec 31, which is a lifetime to me, so used to it now.

This was a tad more drastic exercise and given I'm 14 stone was always going to hurt!
3 posts Page 1 of 1