The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

36 posts Page 3 of 3
As a gung ho 20 something in a mini, it was all fun!
DH 2 sons and I walked along the ridge of the 5 sisters of Kintail it was absolutely stunning. I have also been up the Franz Josef Glazier by helicopter and then walked with a guide. I was so excited first time on a helicopter and first time on a glazier other than skiing on them and then the pistes are smooth.
That reminds me, I have walked up a glacier in Norway. And been up Mount Dalsnibber by bus, a hairy experience.
Would love to see a glacier, never mind walk up one :lol:
The colours are amazing, Silver! But what was even more amazing was the foot-ware of the women going up the path.
The Japanese had spangley trainers, the French had strappy sandals, the Germans had stout hiking boots and the Brits had ordinary trainers. Given that the path followed a mountain stream, you can imagine the outcome.
Moi, of course, bucked the trend with hiking boots and a spare pair of dry trews in my rucksack!!
Gill wrote:
I have climbed Kilimanjaro twice, once at 30 and then at 56. I did forget how hard it was the first time as I too swore I would never do it again. The second time we did the slow route and camped in the crater, a true climbing experience. No I will not be doing it again as there is not enough time left in my life to forget the experience.

Thanks gill! I have shelved the idea for now :grin: My main regret is being so cold that I didn't really care that I had reached the top and I refused to take off anything for the picture (like balaclava!)so you can't really tell it's me next to the summit sign! I wish I savoured the moment a little more.....

Good to read the rest of the stories, I am going to have to google some of the places. Maybe put them on my list instead of a repeat up Kili?!
36 posts Page 3 of 3