The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

17 posts Page 1 of 2
Fast Tuesday 6th January
06 Jan 2015, 03:12
Back from 2.5 weeks holiday and need this fast! Though a quick weigh looks like maybe only 1 or 1.5kg up after all that drinking, way less exercise and no fasting! Goodluck anyone joining me.
Re: Fast Tuesday 6th January
06 Jan 2015, 06:23
Good morning @GMH and have a useful fast again after your holiday!
I'm also fasting, and am good at that aspect. But between, I have been careless with happy abandonment. It was great having guests over new year, but I will be continuing with 16:8 as well and counting calories until I have control. I'm off to the gym now, and back to work this week.
It's very helpful to know I'm not alone (and have been reading the many posts on Monday's fasting thread). :clover:
06 Jan 2015, 09:12
Hello there you two! I'm in too. This is now my 3rd fast of the year. I have woken up feeling really energised and managed to do a 45 minute Power Yoga workout...so feeling pretty pleased with myself so far! Not sure how I'll be feeling later on today :confused:
Anyway, good luck Tuesday fasters. Hope its an easy one!
Bean :starving:
06 Jan 2015, 10:02
Well, I returned before xmas and failed / gave up but now and more determined than ever. Today will be the first fast of this new chapter. Going to do 3 fasts a week. Tues Thurs and Sun. Got to get this weight off once and for all. Awaiting a knee op at the moment so cant exercise which isn't helping. Going on holiday in July and determined not to be the beached whale this year.
Good luck to all todays fasters!
06 Jan 2015, 10:44
Good luck to all today's fasters - make it a good one! Welcome back @philxjr, you've done it before and know that you can do it again - especially with the need to lose some weight in order to give your knee it's best chance after the op! It's not a fast day for me but I will be thinking of you all, as I try not to overeat on the Christmas leftovers! :grin:
06 Jan 2015, 11:24
Hi all :smile:

I am in, too. Decided to go with the flow after starving yesterday I woke up with no hunger... and made this day my fasting friend spontaneously :grin:

cya
M

PS
As a newbie I wonder whether there is a thread for each day in the week? So once the day is done for all time-zones the thread is, too?
06 Jan 2015, 12:44
I'm fasting today, my first fast of the New Year.
I weighed yesterday and was horrified to find I am 20 lbs above my target weight, so its time to cut back hard on the carbs and weekday drinking and to start fasting again.
I'm feeling rumbly already and will hold out as long as possible before having my lunchtime soup. For dinner I'm going to try the Hairy Dieters Cod & Prawn Gratin, which I haven't had before, with a big bowl of steamed green veggies.
Good luck everyone :clover:
06 Jan 2015, 13:12
philxjr wrote: Awaiting a knee op at the moment so cant exercise which isn't helping.

I had an ACL repair before Christmas, normally I walk about 7miles a day, so I am really sticking with 5:2 and maybe 4:3, to avoid a gain. The more weight you can shift @philxjr the less you are asking of your knee. Good luck, stick with it :grin:
06 Jan 2015, 13:54
philxjr wrote: Awaiting a knee op at the moment so cant exercise which isn't helping.

I had an ACL repair before Christmas, normally I walk about 7miles a day, so I am really sticking with 5:2 and maybe 4:3, to avoid a gain. The more weight you can shift @philxjr the less you are asking of your knee. Good luck, stick with it :grin:

Hi @SkinnyJeans, hope your knee is better soon!. Im going to have a arthroscopic for a menisus tear (torn cartridge) . Looking forward to getting it sorted as had pain for over a year and want to start exercising again. My poor knees have had to put up with a lot of excess load over the years so Im not surprised they are shot. Losing weight can only be good cant it!
06 Jan 2015, 14:17
I have read that being only 10lbs overweight increases the force on the knee by 30 - 60 pounds with each step. So stick with the fasting @philxjr for happy knees and look forward to looking good on your holiday too :lol:
06 Jan 2015, 14:22
philxjr wrote:

Hi @SkinnyJeans, hope your knee is better soon!. Im going to have a arthroscopic for a menisus tear (torn cartridge) .

Hi @SkinnyJeans and @philxjr - I'm scheduled to have surgery on both knees and shoulders (cartilage and ligament repairs to knees and similarly for shoulders) starting from the end of January. I'm very careful about how I exercise but I'm fortunate that I can manage some forms of strength training if I wedge myself correctly so there's no strain on my knees (I'm limited to isolated rather than compound movements but you'll be familiar with that restriction :) ) .

My shoulders are mostly OK in a straight line (out of a straight line they semi-dislocate which is a pest and they have a nasty habit of doing this while I'm asleep) so I can lift baby weights (the shame :oops:). I still manage to paddle but it's wreaking havoc with my kayak strokes and I have to be very selective about the sort of water I run or the sea conditions that I can handle. If I can't handle normal kayak or canoe paddling for a while I'll have to see what I'm like in a Hobie Mirage once my knees have recovered sufficiently (it's an individual boat that's pedal-powered, crudely speaking).
http://www.hobiecat.com/mirage/miragedrive/

It may well be interesting to swap rehab experiences :)
06 Jan 2015, 15:02
To all "knee-fellows".
May one of my pieces of sports equipment be for you, too, maybe? I am using a trampoline for knee-friendly moving and exercising. I hate jogging (and can not do it because of my knees) but on the trampoline it is fun and joint-friendly (besides, the moving stimulates the inner child and raises mood for me).

I have a question concerning thyroid. Maybe someone of you has an answer. Last time my blood was examined the physician said: "Your thyroid is lame!" I do not remember the results in particular just that statement. Does FD also stimulate the thyroid? Anyone experiences with own data-changes? Thanks in advance.

I will have mediterranean veggies with fat-reduced sheep's cheese in two hours (yum :grin:)
FFF!
= fabulous fasting flow to us all
06 Jan 2015, 15:21
Hi @SkinnyJeans, hope your knee is better soon!. Im going to have a arthroscopic for a menisus tear (torn cartridge) . [/quote]
Hi @SkinnyJeans and @philxjr - I'm scheduled to have surgery on both knees and shoulders (cartilage and ligament repairs to knees and similarly for shoulders) starting from the end of January.
It may well be interesting to swap rehab experiences :)[/quote]
Ouch @ssure!! I have had a few sessions with the physio and he is starting me in the gym this Friday and hopefully hydrotherapy next week. I love walking my dog over the south downs each morning (OH has had to take this on) I didn't realise how much my mental wellbeing relies on exercise until I couldn't! Let me know how you get on and wishing you a very successful surgery.
06 Jan 2015, 17:16
Hey everyone, I'm fasting today also. I'm 5:2.

This is the first fast I've done in months, so it's been a bit tough so far, and I still have my dangerzone to get past - NIGHT TIME!

Wishing everyone a successful fast/repair day.
06 Jan 2015, 17:41
I'm on day 2 of a "fat fast" to try and shift some Xmas gain quickly......

I woke up today 3lb lighter than yesterday so that was encouraging.

Have had some dolcelatte and macadamias today so far............good luck everyone who has a few hours of the day to get through!
17 posts Page 1 of 2