The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

30 posts Page 1 of 2
Last fast before my weekend away and need to ensure I fit into "that dress" for friend's wedding on Saturday!
Who else is in today? Best wishes to you all. :)
I'm in.

I've been good with fasts but had some big non-fast days due to birthdays, long weekend, etc. so haven't has any net loss in last month. Need to get back on track with xmas challenge, too.
I'm in. Ready to try the cottage cheese trick.
I'm in also.I'm feeling the cold today so lots of hot drinks to keep me going.I might try green tea as I have to have milk in my coffee.
Cheers all
I'm in. Had a cuppa and hopefully will manage to stay distracted from food. Studying at home, so temptation will be near. Feeling positive again though. Monday's fast went well, and the scales have stopped moving up. I just need to keep reminding myself not to get impatient and just do the two fasts every week, to stop giving myself excuses and breaking the fasts.
In! After i've been bobos..i' ll be starting as you Ozzys are coming to a thankful end!
Good luck thrilling thursday fasting folk! X x
Enjoy the wedding @Sassy1 xx
I will be joining you all when I wake up. Happy fasting_!
Just checking in while I have my mid morning coffee during the halfway point for the usual Thursday housecleaning.

@Nznicole, celebrations are wonderful but not so good for losing weight! :( I have a weekend of celebrating ahead. We are staying 2 nights at a posh hotel with brekkie part of the deal, so I will most certainly be having that! Plus the wedding, then our wedding anniversary the next day with dinner at the same hotel, and I am also planning to take OH to this fantastic cake shop where they have the largest range of divine cakes that I have ever seen. And then lunch with a friend on the day we leave. (Apologies for mentioning all this food on a fast day!!) So goodness knows where my weight will be after all that. But I have had similar weekends before, and 2 good fasts in close succession after such a weekend have been able to counteract the excess. Let's hope so this time too. :) :)

@KataMac, great to hear that you feel in the frame of mind for fasting again :) Having two successful fasts a week I found was the major factor that assisted with my weight loss, so best wishes for begin able to continue. Fasting and studying would be a challenge, though - I guess having a hot drink every time you take a break could help (I alternate tea and coffee through the day; luckily I have weak coffee so can do this. I also do have decaf in the evening...)

Best wishes again to everyone else too. :)
Yes I am in and even pulled my finger out and cooked a HUGE pot of lentil, veg, coconut cream curry. Luckily I'm doing my maintenance fast of under 1000 cals. For once I didn't check calories as I tossed things in, but it will be more than my usual, still it will fit and it's delish @Sassy1 thanks for talking about those cakes :wink: I love the photo of the 2 Cavaliers, can I have 1? I just LOVE them :heart: @Sallyo I have been experimenting this past week. Breakfast and snack everyday, then late lunch early dinner. Essentially 2 meals and a snack. Wed and Friday I have wine and maybe a Weiss bar. I lost 1kg this week. I thought I might try to stick to 2 meals and 1 snack on most days and see how that goes. I figured the idea if 16:8 is really about cutting down food and for a lot of people that would be 2 meals and a snack. I usually make the snack a protein bar because I'm a vegetarian and don't get a lot of protein...plus it's chocolate AND low carb. If I let myself have free reign 2 days a week, it should balance me out.
Nearly 4pm here and Ive been feeling rather peckish so I had a cup a soup. Didnt really help :bugeyes: Well its not too long now so Ill persist until 6 ish.
Hi all, I'm in and counting down until dinner. Which will be eggs and salad, maybe some steamed veggies.
@GMH, your curry sounds amazing...drooling here. ;)
@Sallyo, hope your cottage cheese did the trick?
@Sassy1, all the best, hope that dress fits a treat!

Fast, fast, fast for going low, low, low! :)

Two more days till my weigh day for the Christmas challenge, I broke out and had cake yesterday. Sincerely hope I haven't done my chances of a loss.
Well done fasting Aussies, you made it! Even with all the talk of special meals and cake! :victory:
I'm in! It's 6.05am here and I'm just having a cuppa in bed feeling pretty grumpy that I woke up before 5.00 - if I'd stayed asleep I could've avoided being hungry for a few more hours. It's going to be a long day. :bugeyes:
Good luck everyone :clover:
I'm in! Just back from a few days away so feeling the effects of the hotel breakfasts @ @Sassy1
Still, I didn't indulge as much as I would have done before.
At home with the kids today so it's going to be harder I think. Lots of bits of food everywhere!!
Good luck everyone!
30 posts Page 1 of 2