The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

34 posts Page 3 of 3
My first Back to Back Fast.
I'd say that I'm prob 150 -200 cals over due to wobbles at lunch and then wobbles again after class. I will definitely try again. So in addition to my allowed food I had a cup of homemade veg soup, some cheese and four crackers.
I have also done two highly energetic and sweaty jazzercise classes. So all in all I feel super duper.
Interestingly I didn't once feel hungry I just felt weak, that's the only reason I ate cheese and soup, hunger I can ignore and tell to get back into its cave until I'm ready to eat these days.
carieoates wrote: hunger I can ignore and tell to get back into its cave until I'm ready to eat these days.
There's a big difference between hunger and wobbles, isn't there, @carieoates. I used to commute by bike but had to stop it on fast days because I had a couple of incidents where I was so tired and weak that I had to wrap myself in a survival blanket to make it home. Thereafter, I stopped cycling my commute as I felt that I was potentially too unsafe a road user. (I haven't started again as I now have some knee/shoulder trouble.)

Just back from kayaking, so a good hot mug of bouillon with some cherry tomatoes and I'm off to bed.

For those who have longer to go today :clover:
@SSure I think feeling so tired and weak you couldn't cycle will definitely pass. For the first six months I carried a banana around all the time just in case, and timed fast days around long journeys so that I wouldn't be driving but now I don't think to do either of those things. So hang in there, and I hope your knee and shoulder allow you to cycle again soon!
Annurca wrote: @SSure I think feeling so tired and weak you couldn't cycle will definitely pass...So hang in there, and I hope your knee and shoulder allow you to cycle again soon!
Hello @Annurca, the exertion-related-fades has passed, thank you, along with the fast day shivers/cold, and I hope that that is permanent for both of them. I look forward to returning to my bike when it's practical.

For now, I'm fortunate enough that I can paddle on my fast days albeit I always have a substantial snack beforehand. I don't do zero or very low kcal fast days in 4:3 maintenance because I paddle on 2/3 fast days and the 3rd fast day is the day before an early start, sometimes full day, paddle.

I occasionally wonder if the 'fades' would return if I had to stop paddling so regularly (like I will have to when I have some surgery on my joints) and need to drop my intake on the fast days and move to ADF. If so, I hope that the fast day shivers wouldn't likewise stage a comeback.
34 posts Page 3 of 3