The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

24 posts Page 2 of 2
One of my usual 4:3 as it's a Monday :) Who doesn't need a fast in the festive week? :)
I'm here. Just done mega amounts of food shopping. Plans for this afternoon include cooking a ham and making the pastry for the mince pies - half butter and half coconut oil worked well last year. I will probably also marzipan the cake. This will be my only proper fast this week. On Wednesday until family start arriving - probably mid afternoon and then the party starts!
I'm in today. I have my second on Friday, it's going to be very quiet Christmas here as my husband and youngest are traveling on a scouting adventure trip, leaving me home with just my son (who has a girlfriend and will be spending a lot of time with her). So it won't be very difficult to fit in a fast, which is a good thing because I was trying to lose 5 more pounds before my doctors appointment today and instead I gained 5. It just shows me I really need to not try so hard, because I set myself up into a funky mindset and blow everything. I need to be more habitual about it, and intentional but not obsessive. Merry Christmas everyone.

4:00 P.M. edit: Today is not a fast day after all. Can't even make it a low cal day. Guess it's just one for this week and eating windows when possible the rest. (sigh)
Hi Everyone!
I'm in today. It seems extra difficult, as I'm off from work and there are treats all over the house. I'm really hoping to get one more good strong fast in before the holidays. Having people over on Wednesday and then going away until almost new years, so I don't think I'll be able to fast until January. I'm hoping that while I can't do a full fast, I'm going to focus on eating foods I love and really enjoying them. One of my challenges has always been mindless eating, that is where I pile on the calories.
Good luck everyone!
I'm here today! Yesterday was full of cakes, pies and cheese cakes.. so much food. It was the kids Christmas program at church so there was lots of food. I am looking forward to a day of repair :)
Just waving to the Americans and Canadians from Tuesday. All of us who tried to fast on Monday are to be congratulated. Some of us dropped out, but that's ok. Have a very good non fast today, Tuesday for me, and we'll be back. See you all next Monday for another go.
I wonder why fasting makes one cold? I took the kids swimming today and now I'm freezing. Hubby is going to start up the wood stove for me. When winter camping if you are cold it means you are burning lots of calories. Hopefully I'm burning lots of fat. I also survived bring the kids out for ice cream and I didn't eat any. I can always eat tomorrow!
Another successful fast day put to bed :) Looking forward to Tuesday as DH will make his delightful cauliflower cheese which is a rare treat (he doesn't cook, by and large).

:clover: to those with more hours to go :)
I've been in today; just had a cup of soup and a thin slice of toast (dry) for my "lunch" (at 9pm). Now that I'm not working, I'm in full night owl mode and will eat dinner midnightish. Haven't been all that hungry, but as we know, especially this time of year, it's more mental than physical.
24 posts Page 2 of 2