The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

24 posts Page 1 of 2
HI all, we're late today. Is anyone still here? I'm in, after for going my Thursday fast last week. I'm going to make mince pies early in the day before the hungry times arrive. And then, I'll put them away in the back pantry. Nothing until dinner but I'm not sure what that will be.
I'm here. Was going to make all the xmas goodies today (gingerbread men, rum balls, sugar swirl biscuits, chocolate bark, rocky road) but have decided that is really a temptation too far.
Im here too. Ive been eating a lot of carby stuff lately so really feeling blobby. I know I need this fast but my stomach is in Christmas mode and wants food. At least Im busy packing ready to leave tomorrow to drive to Melbourne for Christmas.
I'm in for tomorrow, and the kitchen is already closed. I'm all heartburny from too much overindulgence, so a fast will suit me just fine!
One batch of mince pies out of the oven and cooling on the bench. Feeling head achy. Time for a liquorice tea. We are a small band today, for a Monday.
I and HD are in today. I already have done my yoga class and had a miso soup for lunch. We will have steamed fish tonight. I will not dare to bake any cake or sweets on a fast day. Merry Christmas and happy New year to you all :clover: :clover: :heart: :heart:
Yes @Sallyo it is quiet, everyone must be busy doing Christmas things.
Well I knew I wasn't in a full on fasting mode, I've been ok with jus a milky coffee mid afternoon, well that was until Hubby came home early and we decided we needed a gin and tonic. Eggplant curry is on the menu and we will have that with zero noodle rice so that won't be too bad. But that is what this is all about, no stress just staying on track most of the time.
I should be in, but am feeling under the weather. Three glasses of wine with my meal last night was one too many! (Such a light-weight nowadays!)
Good luck any Monday Fasters :clover:
Hi all, I'm in and the kitchen is now closed. It was a very fragmented day for me but I still managed to keep it a fast day.
I'm in......so you're not alone Sally.
It's possibly my last full fast till after Xmas but will be 16.8ing it
Hubby and I then polished off a bottle of wine. First fast I've well and truely failed. Oh well
Fasting here today and not a minute too soon! I had a terrible weekend of overeating! :frown: Feeling like quite the toad this morning. I've also decided to avoid the scale until after New Year's Day. I was doing the weigh every day thing and it was messing with my head. I'm hoping to have 3 or 4 fast days before next weigh in. I need to get a good handle on this plan!
Never mind @wineoclock, you'll get another chance another day to get it right. I bombed out last Thursday. I've done all right today. I did sample a mince pie after dinner but only one. A very good plan not to weigh every day @Lori, at this time. Let's all just enjoy the feasting for the next little while and not get too hung up about it. 2015 will roll around and we can get stuck in again and any weight that goes on this week, we'll soon lose it again. Merry Christmas everyone.
I am also in today and like carieoates last full (maybe 36hr water) fast today and then 16:8 or maybe on Wednesday 20:4. So far still OK on the maintaining front this month. Good luck to everybody today. :clover: :heart: :lol:
I'm half in. I am trying not to eat until dinner but my dinner is more than 500 cals. Probably going to come in at about 7-8oo cals today.
24 posts Page 1 of 2