The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

68 posts Page 2 of 5
Re: Lenten fasting
27 Feb 2018, 10:16
Today was quite a cold day - 18 degrees Celsius. My weight is slowly going down again 62.8 kg. :smile:
28 Feb 2018, 10:20
Hurray twice! 1) I have caught up with my pre Sunday-eating weight. And 2) lowest weight yet this time round: 62.3 kg :smile:
01 Mar 2018, 10:11
I seem to be losing weight these days. This am I was 62.1 kg :grin: . It keeps on being very cold here. Again we had - 18 degrees Centigrade this morning.
01 Mar 2018, 15:18
Oh, @Margotsylvia, you put we Brits to shame with your -18C. We've had snow over the few days and the country has ground to a halt! We have had snow in areas which normally don't get snow and the schools have been closed for two days. Countless traffic accidents because people just don't know how to drive in snow and ice and all sorts of other difficulties for people needing to travel!

I am staying at home and trying to keep warm although I am fasting today and I can't decide whether it's the icy , easterly wind or the lack of food which is making me feel so chilly!

I am pleased that you are losing weight because it can be disheartening when the pounds (kilos in your case) just won't shift!

Stay strong! :smile:
02 Mar 2018, 10:49
Slowly does it. I was 62 kg this morning. The cold but sunny weather continues here. Every Finn I've met say they much prefer this than the gray drizzle we've had so much of last year and even over Christmas here. Have a good fast day, you all. :smile: .
03 Mar 2018, 10:31
this is frustrating. How can I go up in weight while fasting. 62.2 kg this morning. Plodding on. :confused:
03 Mar 2018, 14:43
@Margotsylvia, 0.2 of a kilo is nothing to worry about! My weight can vary by one or two pounds a day, depending on how much and what type of food I have eaten. This week I weighed more after my fast day on Thursday than at the start of it. :frown: I don't allow myself to worry about those tiny blips - and neither should you! Just keep on, keeping on! :grin:
06 Mar 2018, 10:47
I fasted on Sunday this time. Yet today my weight is 62.1 kg. It seems very hard to get below the 62 kg barrier. sigh :doh: The weather is getting a bit milder. Only about - 8 degrees Celsius this morning. -5 when we went for our morning walk and now I think it is -2 :smile: . Cloudy of course, that explains the milder temperatures. :clover: :clover: :clover:
07 Mar 2018, 10:32
I have said it here: it is worth complaining here. After my complaint yesterday my weight was 61.9 kg this morning. :smile: Finally broke the 62 kg barrier :grin: .
08 Mar 2018, 10:10
Today the same weight as yesterday. But at least I am still on the 61 kg side of things. :grin:
09 Mar 2018, 10:39
this morning I was 61.6 kg, so the weight is going down. I am still overweight to what I want to be, but a lot lighter than I was. Three more weeks of Lent left. I long to eat normally... but I cannot yet. I am really hoping to be able to say good by to the 60ies and get on the 50 kg range - since I am so short! :lol:
10 Mar 2018, 10:23
Saturday: 61.8 kg. I was happy to still be on the 61 kg side of things. :smile: .
10 Mar 2018, 10:24
How tall are you?
11 Mar 2018, 11:04
Thank you Cblasz for your interest. I am about 159 cm which is 5 foot 2. this morning I was back to 61.6 kg :grin: Today is Sunday but I am still fasting. :starving: My present BMI is 24. I would like it to be about 22. :doh:
12 Mar 2018, 10:23
Slowly does it. This morning I weighed 61.5 kg. :smile:
68 posts Page 2 of 5