The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Oct 9th fasting Friday
09 Oct 2015, 04:57
We are always "thin on the ground" on Fridays doing our fasting. That's an appropriate slip of the tongue! Well, we will be thinner, but good wishes to anyone else coming to chat today. :clover:
I'll write more chat in case anyone is interested....
For me it's the gym at 7, some teaching, shopping, check at Dr, flu jab....dog walk and lots of drinks to sip. If time I have buckets of our quinces we harvested to continue processing. Everyone loves the jelly and membrillo pate, but we mind out for the sugar. Busy weekend ahead, a big tree being taken down, and family lunch here Sunday.
Re: Oct 9th fasting Friday
09 Oct 2015, 08:16
[tagKatharina][/tag], I think it is just you and me today...good luck with your plans.

Here's my day. Housework, haircut, gym, shower, food shopping - yes on a fast day, then I'll have a chicken salad around 4pm. then I'm working between 5pm and 9pm. Once I'm home from work it'll be a cup of tea and an early night.

I work in our local Sainsbury's and this week I have just moved from the deli dept working 7am-2pm which resulted in me eating 4 times a day to the clothing department working 4 hour shifts which I hope will result in me eating just 2 proper meals a day and will help with my weight loss. I will also be getting fitter moving heavy crates of clothes around!
09 Oct 2015, 08:32
Good luck with yr busy fasting days @katharina and @wildmissus and any other Fab Friday Fasters x
Enjoy yr family Sunday lunch @katharina..something to look forward to!x
@wildmissusi must say i feel quite proud of my ability to fast and food shop on the same day! Never thought it wd be poss,but it is! But for you,every working day youre near food,so,well done :like:
Hope you enjoy yr new dept...sounds much more fun than deli! x
09 Oct 2015, 10:01
It's unusual, but I'm in. I had to switch Saturday and Friday, because of social event on Saturday.
I'm curious how it will go, because I have training in the afternoon.
09 Oct 2015, 10:20
I'm fasting today, too! About to head into the university for a writing group this afternoon. It's going to be a tough day fasting as I didn't get much sleep last night which always makes me hungry. Lots of studying to do. Plan on tonic water and decaff coffee until early evening.
Good luck everyone!
09 Oct 2015, 12:56
3rd Fast Day this week for me.
Having ice coffee with whey protein shake before heading out for Pilates class.
Best Wishes! :smile:
09 Oct 2015, 13:52
I'm also fasting today! Had a rather indulgent week - lots of lovely rich chocolate cake on Monday and Tuesday and when I watched the Great British Bake Off final I ate an individual home made Bakewell tart. When I checked the calories per 100 grams afterwards for these two decadent items I was horrified, but I have been very good for the past few weeks! A busy morning sorting out finances and choosing new curtains for our rented apartment which the landlord has just told me to go ahead and purchase. He treated me to a new ceramic hob earlier in the week. Have lived here two years and just completed the process of extending the lease, so feeling happy and settled. Oh yes, also just bought a new saucepan as the hob has different sized cooking areas. Makes a change for me to go out spending money - my own or someone else. So far had a slice of ham and a home made Russian Salad and well within the 500 cals for today, so long as my will power remains. :cool:
09 Oct 2015, 15:26
Joining in fasting today which is the second fast this week. This morning attended my history class looking at women in ancient times & the archetypes applied to them! Amazing how fearful of women men appeared to be having to demonise us all in order to get by & justify their own superiority & dominance in public life.
I am eating at 6-0pm & so far have eaten nothing & drank two cups of coffee. I am feeling very chilly as per usual for me on a fast day & looking forward to my M & S meal of beef stew, followed by an apple. My weigh in is tomorrow so I'm hoping that I have lost some weight this past week.
09 Oct 2015, 17:23
Training went suprisingly well, I'm glad. Gazpacho and sugar snap peas are waiting for me now.
9 posts Page 1 of 1