The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Headache...
14 Feb 2013, 15:50
Hi Fellow Fasters,
Hope you're all in good spirits?
This is my 13th fast day and for some reason I have a headache. I did for the first 4 or 5 too, but since then it seems to have settled down, so this is rather unwelcome! It can't be from lack of liquid as I'm practically oozing water and peppermint tea from every pore :?
Re: Headache...
14 Feb 2013, 16:58
What did you eat yesterday? Sometimes that can affect how your fast day goes...
14 Feb 2013, 18:21
too much water is a bad idea. Take salt.
14 Feb 2013, 18:24
Celery with soy sauce? (To be honest I could put soy sauce on almost anything...)
14 Feb 2013, 18:42
Hi Guys,
Thanks. I'm such a wuss!
Didn't think it possible to drink too much water, but will bear that in mind. I like the celery/soy sauce option. Maybe next time, though as we don't have any celery today...
My eating yesterday was porridge, wholemeal tuna sandwich then big bowl of pasta, chicken & veg. Lots of extra fruit - and a Creme egg in the evening! Is that too many carbs? Will read the 'Nerdy' science stuff and try & get my head around it as I really want this to be a long term thing...
14 Feb 2013, 18:53
Chicken broth works well too.
14 Feb 2013, 19:01
Re is that too many carbs?:

It depends on what you decide is too many carbs! Some abhor all carbs, others say porridge and pasta is ok. Thing is, I did Atkins for a while and it just got too expensive and I really missed those carbs. I felt deprived and stopped the diet and, of course, put all the weight back on again and more.

So I think for the lifestyle to be suitable for, well life, you have to find a compromise you can live with. I have chosen to go low carb on fast days but to have complex carbs on feed days plus a treat of unhealthy carbs on some but not all days.

You have to make your own mind up what you feel is the right amount of carbs for you.
7 posts Page 1 of 1