The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

38 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Fasting Today 5th March
05 Mar 2013, 10:20
Me today. Bit hungry. Wasn't hungry yesterday...
05 Mar 2013, 10:28
Round about my 51st fast day today although lost count a little bit. Had an overindulgent weekend so looking forward to it although I do have a rumbly tummy which I don't normally get until about 3pm.
Water and black coffee for me until my Stovies made with roast beef for tea about 9pm. Going to be a long day. Ah well!!! good luck everyone. :cool:
05 Mar 2013, 10:39
:clover: Fasting today! Also done first day of C25K this morning. Going into work for 3 hours then home to pick kids up. Going to try and go right through to tea time on just herbal tea and water. Wish me luck!

Have a good fast day everyone :smile:
05 Mar 2013, 10:45
Hi all, good luck today- fasting too.
Bit disillusioned as I seem to be losing and regaining the same few Ibs all the time. Loath to record it on the tracker as it's just up and down all the time! Maybe I need to take a closer look at what I ate on non-fast days. Still, on what is (I think) my 14th fast, a bit dissapointing. I will certainly continue with fingers crossed as I actually am enjoying the fast days lately.
05 Mar 2013, 11:11
well this is my 4th week of fasts. Ive lost about 5/6 lbs so only about 4/5 to go. I have discovered a lot though. Firstly, I cannot fast with a hangover - I just crave something to make me feel better. I also cannot fast if I'm tired. With this in mind, I now need to ensure that my weekends are a little more controlled as I tend to be hungover on a Sunday.

I have also discovered that I can exercise on a fast day. I have done a 10mile run on an empty stomach the night after a fast and while I got a bit hungry - I didn't experience the drop in bloody sugar I expected. did another 4mile this morning on empty stomach. Admittedly I was still full after yesterday.

My biggest problems are the weekends. I am now going to try and limit my break out day of eating out/takeaway to Sunday as at the moment Saturdays and Sundays are causing havoc. I eat on average about 1000cals per day til I hit the weekend. By the end of the weekend it raises to 1400 due to my consumption of takeaways and wine.

Today is 1st fast of the week -I'm doing 4:3, fasting tues, wed and friday. Bovril, 2 boiled eggs, slim noodles and a veg curry should take me to my 400 cals without too many problems.
05 Mar 2013, 11:41
Fasting today with a cold :( interested to see if it gets better as a result. Looking forward to tuna, roasted red pepper and courgette for dinner.
Been on 5:2 since January and there seem to be more and more people joining in every week. Also significantly reducing our grocery bills!
05 Mar 2013, 12:35
Today is my first fast. Have had three raspberries off kid's plate and am making a cup of tea. I LOVE milky coffee (usually latte), so it's hard not to have that.
05 Mar 2013, 14:24
JanCan, just remember that you can drink Latte all you want tomorrow :)
05 Mar 2013, 14:27
Well i must say this is very inspiring it,s you 9th fast and you are maintaining it as well.I appreciate you for your effort secondly thank you for posting this here.It's gonna inspire me a lot ahead.
05 Mar 2013, 14:38
Made it 6pm last night till 3pm today without anything. Just had a mug of homemade chicken and veg soup. Not sure how many calories as i don't count them but it's probably around 200. Will have another cup later in the evening and that will be me for the day. Not bad. :)

I love frappe's and i'v got a frappe maker. Although i don't drink a lot of coffee/tea, i will be having one in the morning. :)
05 Mar 2013, 15:49
I had a rather lovely breakfast this morning - omelette made with egg whites and spinach, served with a slice of smoked salmon and a blob of caviar (only 4 cals, dontchaknow!)

I'm usually a terrible snacker, so I'm trying really hard on fast days not to have anything. I had a mug of miso soup at lunchtime, and then went for a walk in the sunshine. Counting the hours till 6 o'clcock, when I'm having some Tom Yum soup I made last week with those zero noodles - I want to see how well they freeze and defrost. Then it's dog-training night, I'll have to stop myself nibbling on the dog's liver cake, lol!
05 Mar 2013, 16:38
Glad to know,Btw em a crazy fan of demi lovato lmao
05 Mar 2013, 16:46
Thought I was doing well with today's fast as I haven't eaten yet, but just logged the 3 cappachinos in MFP and realised I only have 80calories left for dinner... so shocked and also now have a migraine!
05 Mar 2013, 17:08
This is my first fast! Actually I have to admit its not been as bad as I thought, but I have tried to keep busy.
This morning I had a cup of tea with s-skimmed milk and 2 sugars, then at 3 I had 3 cubes of melon (from a co op variety pack). Now I use fitness pal and I know my morning cuppa was about 80 calories ( cant quite remember so will check). But theres nothing to work out the melon... they were cubes about the size of 2 oxo cubes stuck together). Ive no idea how much to count those for???
Ive also just had a choices hot choc at 40 calories.
Now my guess is I have around 360 calories for my dinner...ive made my own veg soup, just potato, onion, carrot and suede made up with veg stock but how do I know how much to have and how many calories it is?
Im so pleased with myself getting this far I dont want to blow it first day x
05 Mar 2013, 17:58
Enforced fast today. Was supposed to be fasting yesterday, but knew I was going out on the razz last night so I lined my stomach with lasagne and chips yesterday lunchtime.

Well, I think alcohol must be affecting me more now than it did before as I feel dreadful today. I drank quite a lot, but less than I've done before, and I can't even keep water down today! Feeling really sorry for myself, but knowing that I shouldn't as it's all self inflicted! :cry:
38 posts Page 2 of 3