The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

16 posts Page 1 of 2
wed 23rd- today's fast
23 Jan 2013, 06:52
Embarking on my low cal/fast day today and I'm HUNGRY! My last fast was on Monday - it's a holiday weekend here (weekend runs Fri/Sat) so Thursday is included.
Usually, I fast on Sunday and Wed as I think splitting it kind of equally is easier. This is more like AI!
Have been managing to go from 8pm-ish through to tea time (7 ish) and having my 500cal then.
So far have had 2 cups of rocket fuel coffee and am off to get a big glass of water.
Who else is fasting today?
ps I'm 4 hours ahead of the UK so I'll get to eat before you all-but I won't rub it in!
:lol:
Re: wed 23rd- today's fast
23 Jan 2013, 08:45
Hi Janeg, i'm doing my second day of fasting this week, this is my first week on 5:2. Going to try and get through til about 7pm this time, on Monday i had porridge in the morning but was still hungry. Today i've had a couple of green teas so far. Feeling a bit wibbly but gonna be strong!
23 Jan 2013, 08:51
I am fasting today too. This is number 7 for me. Always feel a bit wobbly initially but it does go. Just have to remember that I am fasting - often find myself "about to eat"... hoping 5:2 may help with the memory :-)
23 Jan 2013, 08:55
lunch time here- not too bad hungry wise. Off for a walk but unfortunately it ends at the shops to get messages.
This is my 7th fast of Jan
hang in there folks - it gets easier!
23 Jan 2013, 10:04
It's fast day 3 for me. The 2 last week weren't too bad so I'm hoping today will be okay as well.
23 Jan 2013, 10:23
Good morning-
Fasting today, having also fasted Monday. First 'real' week so will see what pattern works the best over the coming weeks. Have been eating 3 (very!) small meals a day rather than one/two-hope I will still see some progress this way. At work today, which helps I think. Janeg-wonderful to hear it gets easier!
23 Jan 2013, 10:49
Hi Caoimh

Welcome to the forum.

You will certainly see some progress as far as weight loss is concerned (and its associated health benefits) by having 3 small meals on your fast days.

Most people seem to gravitate towards having fewer meals because being able to have a reasonably filling evening meal does help with sleep. And meal planning is so much easier if you have more calories to play with. Also, I, and many others, find that having a very small meal makes us hungrier than not eating at all.

Experiment as you go on and see what works for you.
23 Jan 2013, 16:20
Thanks Caroline, it's great to hear that I won't sabotage myself with 3 meals.
I will try out one meal as soon as I'm brave enough- at the moment three feels more like a normal day and so not as intimidating. I haven't been having trouble sleeping so far but I certainly have felt quite hungry in the afternoons!
Thanks again for your advice
23 Jan 2013, 16:40
Hi All,
First Fast for me today. Rumbles have started but I am feeling good.x
23 Jan 2013, 18:17
Fasting went well today but I've just finished my main meal .. at bit earlier than normal but I was hungry and grumpy :(

I was ok until I decided to watch some catch-up telly, I have loads of stuff stored on the box and could have watched the new dark matters series from discovery science or last weeks Trevor Macdonald death row thing and what does this bakewell tart addict choose? ... great british bake off with bakewell as the technical challenge...stupid Pixie :roll:

Feel lots better now after a pile of stir fry veg and enough calories left for a cup of tea and a rich tea biscuit later :P

Hope everyones doing OK today :D
23 Jan 2013, 18:41
Yeah Pixie I agree about watching food progs on TV being problematic.

We were watching Comic Relief Bake Off last night - the whole family had to pause it for a snack break :lol: Mad really!

I just discovered Breaking Bad on Netflix. V good and no food in sight. :D
23 Jan 2013, 18:45
Breaking bad is food free ... apart from when they show 'The Chicken Man' at work ;)

No spoilers because I don't know what series you're on :lol:
23 Jan 2013, 19:12
I've only seen the first two episodes of season one!

Behind the curve! Loads to go...
23 Jan 2013, 20:18
Second fasting day of the week. So busy at work that it's not been too difficult (I'm a primary school teacher). Looking forward to my weekly weigh-in next Monday. Have lost 2.5 stone by more 'conventional' dieting since Sept but this way of eating really appeals to a foodie like me. Keep up the good work, everyone!
23 Jan 2013, 20:49
Suzief, impressed that you fasted while teaching at primary school!

Did you find it hard or were you more energetic than usual? I have more energy on fast days.

I've seen all the biscuits in those staff rooms! :D
16 posts Page 1 of 2