The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

23 posts Page 1 of 2
Thursday 24th Jan Fast day
24 Jan 2013, 09:30
I am feeling much more positive today after a really tough fasting day on Monday. Not hungry in the slightest ATM and enjoying my tea. Hope everyone else is set for a good day.
Re: Thursday 24th Jan Fast day
24 Jan 2013, 10:00
Thanks Joltek :) I'm not hungry either, just water for me today until dinnertime.

I've got a quorn bolognaise prepped which I'll have with fusilli pasta (I find spaghetti is too difficult to make small mouthfuls!) for around 400 cals. So technically I could have a hot choc or two today as well but I'm going to try not to and see how I manage on 400! :D
24 Jan 2013, 10:08
Hi All
Yep I'm back fasting today too.
Thought I'd want breakfast but managed without to my surprise.
Had to run down the road this morning after my friend's little boy and felt strangely energised (rare). Trying to capitalise on feeling energetic for a change!
Got some new fruit teas in to mix things up a bit - apple and cinnamon is nice for the morning. Saving liquorice for a flavour hit this afternoon!
While at the shop this am, saw Innocent Veg Pots and was reminded that the Dahl one is good and would make a great fasting meal at 319 cals if anyone is looking for a ready meal.
Good luck everyone! :D
24 Jan 2013, 11:23
I find if I am not doing much that it is more difficult luck I am busy today
24 Jan 2013, 11:41
Yes agree Melanie - not working so tidying house like mad! Energetic so far
24 Jan 2013, 12:02
Cleaning and ironing too!

Fasting today and feeling good. I can't go without food all day, so I have lunch and dinner. It seems to be working for me.

Good luck everyone.
24 Jan 2013, 12:32
I've got hubby under my feet today as he overworked himself yesterday and now aches all over. Thankfully he's not snacking as much as usual so no yummy smells as yet but I bet he'll have a bacon butty for lunch!

No hunger so far today and still on the water. Trying to find things to occupy myself as work is slow today, guess the office must be busy as they're just not getting back to me.

Having said that, 2 emails just came in from work, huzzah!
24 Jan 2013, 12:52
On previous fast days I've had something for lunch and dinner, but this is the first day I'm attempting to have nothing but water and coffee/tea until one big evening meal.

Had a few mad knawing tummy rumbles so far but it's weirdly liberating to discover how they can be there one minute and then gone the next. I'm hanging in there, even though people in the office keep bringing back delicious-smelling warm food from the restaurant and eating it within smelling distance.

As someone who always used to have to eat regularly (or at least I thought I did) this is actually quite empowering to realise I'm not as reliant on a constant food source as I thought I was. I actually think I can make it all the way through to this evening :D
24 Jan 2013, 13:03
Second fast day today - at home. I'm trying to keep busy, no time to eat ;) so the house is getting a good clean up, which it needs badly!

I was planning on having my main meal at lunchtime today, but I don't think I'll have time, so I suspect that all my 500 cal will end up as dinner.

I'm getting through a load of black coffee - a bit of a change from a skinny latte, my normal coffee of choice, but I'm finding it surprisingly acceptable.

Have to go to a club committee meeting this evening, where I know there will be lots of pressure to have a glass of wine.... that's going to be tough!
24 Jan 2013, 13:12
It's my second fast day today and despite feeling a little light-headed I'm not finding it particularly difficult. Drinking my Aveda peppermint and liquorice tea a big help as it's full of flavour and feels like quite a treat.

I saw someone mentioned Innocent Pots: I have one for dinner as I'm trying hard not to obsess about food as that has always been my downfall. Although I really enjoyed a tuna steak last time I fasted (I'm pescatarian) I like the idea of not doing any weighing and just bunging dinner in the microwave!
24 Jan 2013, 13:42
We have a Careers Day at the college where I work todaya nd there are lots of buffet items on display and the rare opportunity to feed for free.
Struggling a little bit - time for a hot vimto I think.
24 Jan 2013, 14:22
Going quite well today, have been to the dentist which took my mind off things, just been nibbling on my lunch, might manage to get under 600 again today.
24 Jan 2013, 15:28
Sounds like a whole lotta cleaning going on today! :)

I got loads done as was feeling super energetic for a change and whizzed round like a woman possessed! The only other time I felt like this was when I tried low GI eating so am thinking carbs must slow me down.

Am getting an exercise bike so I can take advantage of this increased urge to move.

Had a small breakfast at 1.30 which, together with my dinner, will still keep me within 500 cals. I was going to wait until dinner but felt like it so am trying to be more intuitive.

Dentist as a distraction from eating? It could work ...! :lol:
24 Jan 2013, 15:30
Week 1, fast day 2 for me today. I'm drinking a nice, hot, salty cupful of Marigold vegetable bouillon, which is very pleasant in a funny sort of way, and is masquerading as a late lunch. Yesterday evening, I found I was almost looking forward to today's fast, and now that I am doing it, it is absolutely fine. My tummy has been rumbling a bit, on and off, but that's hardly a problem.

With the exception of the mid-day Marigold and an assorted variety of black tea, black coffee and herbal teas, I plan to keep my 500 calories for the evening meal, and to repeat this pattern every fast day.

I didn't eat all 500 calories on Monday's fast, because I found that a bowl of homemade vegetable soup was enough (beetroot and apple, modified from the one on the http://www.thefastdiet.co.uk website). I'll start my evening meal tonight with a blended vegetable soup made out of whatever looks usable in the fridge, then see if I am still hungry after that and take it from there. I have plenty of low-GI ingredients hanging around if I want to go up to the full 500 calories. But if today is anything like Monday, perhaps the soup will be plenty.

I'm feeling quite cheerful about this whole fasting thing. Long may it last! Now, if only it made me feel like tackling the housework...
24 Jan 2013, 16:47
Haha, perhaps the mood will take you one day! I hate hoovering & dusting but had a right old day of it last Thursday's fast - it was miserable outside so I didn't fancy going for a walk, so poured all my fasting energy into cleaning the house.

Hopefully this wasn't a one off and I'll get a buzz out of doing it again soon :)
23 posts Page 1 of 2