The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

23 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Thursday 24th Jan Fast day
24 Jan 2013, 17:00
Didn't get the housework bug, but did go food shopping with no issues at all re temptation, which was nice!

Would like to eat dinner now but don't feel like preparing it...hoping OH will take over!
24 Jan 2013, 21:02
Fasted again today. My first one back in my usual office where there's always cakes and biscuits and other food going begging, and the first one that hubby joined in with too.

Found it a bit weird sitting with colleagues all day and just drinking herbal tea instead of my usual coffee with LOTS of milk, but it was OK. I decided not to go into detail of the 5:2 diet, especially after some people have mentioned getting negative comments, so I just said I was having a 'detox day' and everyone seemed to accept that with no questions.

Got through the whole day on herbal tea and just had some fish and vegetables for tea.

Hubby has done really well for his first fast day. He just had a cereal bar at lunch time and then had the same dinner as me, which took him up to just over 600.

Roll on Monday! :)
24 Jan 2013, 21:27
Well done Jemima... and Mr Jemima :) Sorry to heary your colleagues aren't ready to accept the 5:2 way yet, funny how 'detoxing' is alright though! Nevermind, you know the benefits you're getting from this :)

We had dinner just after 6pm. The last few fasts I've been busy and ended up eating a bit later. The evening has felt pretty long so far and with not very much on TV or to do. Still, can head to bed in an hour!

Hope everyone else's day has been good :)
24 Jan 2013, 21:34
I've had a really good fasting day overall today, which is good as I was worried they would all be as hard as Monday.

I was a bit snappy with the kids around teatime but they were being very annoying so hard to tell if anything to do with fasting.

Had a quorn cottage pie for my tea for about 370 cals and was a lot nicer than it looked and then a bag of crisps that I had been craving all day but was still under 500.

Husband been out this evening which I thought might make it harder but has been fine, had a coke and a cup of tea to fill the wine void and looking forward to normal eating tomorrow. Feeling very positive.
24 Jan 2013, 21:51
Sounds like everyone has done well.

Felt hungry this evening - watching Comic Relief Bake Off didn't help (again - it's my daughter's favourite programme!) I would have killed for a scone! :lol:

Somehow I got to the other side of the hunger and cake craving, telling myself I would regret it if I caved and thinking of the next three days which are non-fast. Funny how the feeling subsides a bit if you wait.

Still peckish though and going to sleep soon so I don't have to think about it!
24 Jan 2013, 22:17
Hi Everyone,
Sounds like everyone's having a successful day.
I'm definitely finding that keeping busy is part of the key. On Monday, because it was a snow day I didn't go to work and I got up late so I thought I'd try and not have breakfast a keep my allowanace for one evening meal. I did this and it was fine but I did find the day dragged a bit and I spent most of the day thinking about food and wishing for 6 o'clock to come. I definitely think I am a breakfast person but lunch I can take it or leave it, so on fast days I leave it (ha ha). I did go for a walk which broke the day up but I did feel myself lacking in energy.
Today I had breakfast (a boiled egg and half a grapefruit) and went to work and so spent less time worrying about food. I even had half a packet of chocolate buttons in my pocket and I didn't cave!

Now I'm waiting for this famed anit-inflammatory effect to kick in. I've been a bit eczemary of late but I think that's more to do with the cold and work stress. But I do feel good about myself. My housemate and boyfriend are cooking now and, though it smells good and my tummy is a bit rumbly, I don't feel like eating. My granny used to say you should always leave the table feeling like you could eat a little more. I can see the sense in that now! (I'm sure she said that to make her children stop demanding more food)

Well, this is the end of day 4 of my fast and so far so good. I think I'll be keeping this up :mrgreen:
24 Jan 2013, 22:33
Have been doing the diet since August on Mondays and Thursdays. Lost 2 1/2 stone, but went off the rails over Christmas (who didn't?) but am back on track now :D

There are now 2 of us doing it at work and another 2 about to give it a go (that's 50% of the work force).

My brother is also doing it and I hope to get my wife on it soon, she is a bit worried that she won't be able to.

Today has been a busy day, I work as a countryside ranger for the National Trust, we have been felling some trees in the car park and clearing up the brash and moving logs all day, that's me with the chainsaw all day. Same thing on Monday clearing snow. I don't usually have a problem with energy levels. :D
24 Jan 2013, 23:41
Woo hoo!! Time for bed - second fast day completed. Survived being offered sausage rolls and a glass of wine without any trouble this evening... feeling good about that :)

Have actually come in at just under 400 cals for the day, but I'm assuming that's fine?

Very impressed by the stories of weight loss from those out there who've been following the diet since August - definitely inspiring - well done to you all!

Now to sleep and no more fasting till Monday ....
23 posts Page 2 of 2