The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

31 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Fasting today - Good Friday
29 Mar 2013, 10:48
Good luck fasters! Think of tomorrow
29 Mar 2013, 11:05
Hi all, Friday's my usual fast day, but it's strange to do it while not in work. On the plus side, I slept in so fewer hours in the waking day! I've had my usual fast day breakfast of tuna and lemon juice. Plenty of calories left for a full packet of New Covent Garden Soup this evening and some eggs. :-)
29 Mar 2013, 12:04
I am fasting today too,

My fist fast on a non-work day (Actually Going quite well). Up early went to the gym for two hours.

Now I am going to go out for a long walk.

I Think I will save all my cals for dinner.

Happy fasting everyone!
29 Mar 2013, 12:15
I was going to fast tomorrow but its looking good for today. Right now I'm holding out until it gets to around 2pm when I can decide whether I go for a full fast or whether its going to be more convenient to do a 16/8 and a proper fast tomorrow. Either way another fast would give me 4:3 this week.

I've been low carb for a couple of years but I had a couple of slices of gluten free fruit loaf last night and I feel really bloated. I was thinking the a fast today might actually settle that and let me enjoy my weekend. Funny how you seem to lose the ability to deal with carbs when you cut them out for awhile.
29 Mar 2013, 12:27
Husband and I are fasting today too. Light lunch and then easy meal when we get home from Good Friday's service. Hope everyone has a nice Easter weekend.
29 Mar 2013, 12:35
Me too. Bit worried as I didn't eat enough yesterday, was running around with visiting family.

But I'm sure it'll be ok.
29 Mar 2013, 12:48
I'm fasting, too. Looking forward to celebrating my hubby's birthday tomorrow, and then a big Easter celebration with his family on Sunday. His mom is one of nine children, and they all have children (some of whom have their own children). We all cram in to the basement of his grandmother's home--it's loud, a bit chaotic, but full of laughter.
29 Mar 2013, 12:50
I fasted yesterday so I get to enjoy food for three whole days! Happy, happy, happy. On fast days, I can never bring myself to give up in the evening. I just keep thinking it's 5 o'clock, I've made it through most of the day... I am almost there! And so I did it, and now it is behind me. :grin:
29 Mar 2013, 12:59
Another Friday Faster signing in! I work from home most days and it's not a Bank Holiday here in France - so business as usual!!
Normally on Good Friday I'd go veggie, but I had a senior moment and bought some steak. We're having veggiewith-a-bit-of-meat fajitas tonight - but wrapped in Chinese cabbage leaves instead of tortillas. Never tried it before, but I'm making it up to use up all the veggies I've got hanging around.

So far today I've had 2 cups of coffee (+ a splash of milk) and a 45 calorie Cuppa Soup. I won't finish working until 18h so I will be glad of my dinner!
It's slow work, and I've had quite a lot of negative comments from people, but I think this is a WOL that works for us. I've not lost huge amounts of weight, but little by little!

Oh well - on with the show. Good luck everyone - and enjoy those Easter eggs! Tomorrow!
29 Mar 2013, 14:14
Fasting today, finding it a bit hard. Remembering when I was skinny to try to motivate myself! had way too much red wine last night, think that might be why I'm strugggling today.. :starving: Roll on six o'clock when i can sink my teeth into something delicious!
29 Mar 2013, 14:21
I normally fast Thursdays but thought to swap it because Good Friday is a religious fast day for many and so I wouldn't feel so much on my own. (Crazy, I know, but there you go.) Trying to keep my fasting headache at bay as usual. Good news though I am finally under 10stone at 9st 12. Yippee. When I drop 4 more pounds I'm going 6:1. Although since it's taken me since the end of September to lose 7lbs this could be a way off!
29 Mar 2013, 14:29
Fat Dormouse, I love the idea of fajitas in chinese cabbage leaves. I'm totally going to steal that for when I'm back from my holiday.

I've just had my lunch and am thinking I'll prep my stir-fry early so I can eat as late as possible before running out to the airport. Cursing myself for deciding to fast today because I'm already feeling in holiday-mode and fasting is a definate dampener on the holiday feeling.

Hellengerin - as for clothes sizes I do put it down to exercise. I've been doing Jillian Michael's workout DVDs for (nearly) a year now and they're hard work but have clearly made a difference.

Jem- congratulations. Dropping into a lower stone bracket is such good feeling. It doesn't matter how long it takes you to get to your goal, just keep on doing the right thing and you'll get there in the end.
29 Mar 2013, 14:58
Hi I'm new to the forum and only on my second fasting day today. I live in France and am renovating an old farm, so working quite hard today re-pointing a building. Managed to do two 30 minute step classes this morning, and after a small bowl of home-made veggie soup at lunch, I'm starting to feel a bit spacey now. looking forward to another small bowl of soup tonight..... and then a home-made hot cross bun tomorrow!
29 Mar 2013, 15:38
I can't remember when I was skinny so I can't use that to motivate! Wine would have lots of sugar in it, so that may not help a fast day.

Bought a cooked chicken for tea with salad, had a leg now to keep me going.
29 Mar 2013, 17:22
Fasting today as I'm doing a 4:3 this week to make up for the chocolates and the big Chinese dinner that awaits :)

Haven't eaten anything since the morning, hopefully I can hold on until dinnertime!
31 posts Page 2 of 3