The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

31 posts Page 1 of 3
Fasting today - Good Friday
29 Mar 2013, 03:14
Hi all, I'm fasting again today. I blew my fast yesterday. As usual I was doing really well until the evening when, after my dinner, the munchies set in. Never mind, we live and learn, back on it today. The hot cross buns and easter eggs will have to wait until tomorrow lol! Good luck to anyone fasting today!
Re: Fasting today - Good Friday
29 Mar 2013, 03:59
I too am fasting today as I started a new job this week so thought I would swap days. Going well so far but am cooking a family dinner tonight so will have to watch my portions. Doing a roast chicken with lots of veggies so it will be easy to keep under 500.
Good luck to all the other Friday fasters.
29 Mar 2013, 04:25
I am fasting today and I am struggling big time..
Seeing chocolate in the fridge, OH just cooked himself up a pie..really feeling the pain!
Dinner time in approximate 4 hours!
29 Mar 2013, 04:28
:like: Hang in there ejaykay, you can eat it all tomorrow and just imagine how much better it will taste! :heart:

Good luck to everyone fasting today!
29 Mar 2013, 05:16
Well Done Es, that is dedication man!!!

Not fasting today, cleaning!

Good luck to you all.
29 Mar 2013, 07:20
I'm fasting today too.

Have had mixed results this week. I'm doing 4:3, the 3 being mon, weds, fri and eating around 1800 on the off days. No weight lost or gained but I feel fatter.
This week has been lighter on exercise than previous weeks.

I'm happy to have stayed the same weight but would have liked to feel less bloated. I made a "pudding" with white flour and artificial sweetener one of the days. I'm not sure of this had any effect after eating 'clean' for 2 months? Who knows.

My problem this week has been portion control. Even though the food I'm eating is low calorie I am eating too much of it. Can't control my mind to stop eating. Have to clear the plate.

Next week will be better.
29 Mar 2013, 07:49
Fasting today here too. Last day of fasting before going on holiday. Next fast day will be Monday 8th April and I've already planned it out to the last calorie. It is making me feel so much better about going away and eating whatever I want, knowing that I'm doing my very best to stick to the diet on the last day (I fly out this evening) and will be straight back on a fasting day as soon as I return and back into the routine of it.
Today's plan is:
Jillian Michaels Blast Fat Boost Meatabolism (which is HARD!!)
Breakfast: 60cal yogurt and 100bm strawberries
Lunch: 1 quorn fillet cooked in 100gram tinned tomatoes and 20grams extra light cream cheese served with 160grams steamed green beans
Dinner: Stir-fry with 1 sliced pepper, 100gram mushrooms, 100gram onion, 1 tbsp soy sauce and a little garlic and ginger.
Snack: To take with me to the airport as dinner will have to be early, is an apple.

Also very excited about packing to go away, I have lost so much weight over the last year (37lbs) that I have pretty much all new clothes to take because I got rid of all my old ones which didn't fit any more. Have gone from size 16/18 to size 10/12 (maybe still 14 for jeans but I have now got trousers and dresses in size 12)

So it feels like now is a good time to celebrate with a break away and new clothes.
29 Mar 2013, 08:03
Have a good time, Skykitty!

(Why is your bmi showing as over 100?)
29 Mar 2013, 08:20
Melanie Cheeks wrote: (Why is your bmi showing as over 100?)

Oh my! Thats a personal question!!!! :curse:
29 Mar 2013, 09:00
My bmi is showing as over 100 because I am a total muppet who clearly wasn't paying attention filling in the initial settings when I first joined.

Somehow I entered myself as 6ft 10in tall (which I am not)
and 78stone (the mind boggles)

Ooops, and now the settings can't be reset unless I PM the board mod which I haven't got round to doing yet. Oh well, good or a laugh at least. I use myfitnesspal to track my weight loss so I'm not too bothered about the progress tracker here at the moment..

To be fair its a reasonable question - no way someone who has a bmi of 114 could survive a jillian michaels workout, or be wearing size 12 clothes. Please take my word for it I am actually 5ft 6in and 11st 7lbs which gives me a bmi around 26
29 Mar 2013, 09:34
OK, also fasting today, and very impressed with SKYKITTY's results as she has a a similar weight/height to me...but can fit in clothes two sizes smaller than I can!!! #Must be the muscle tone!

Looking forward to fasting today...never managed to stick with a Good Friday fast in the past but I think today will go well.

Happy Easter every one.
29 Mar 2013, 10:25
Hi everyone - I am joining you all in fasting. I feel very hungry today which I put down to all the carbs I ate yesterday.

The meal portions were fine but I did scoff some mini eggs and a chocolate brownie!

Skykitty - well done on your loss :like: and I'm glad you cleared the BMI thing up as that was confusing me :confused: . Have a great time on hols.

Good luck all :clover: and happy easter!
29 Mar 2013, 10:27
Hi, also fasting today. Its my second week and I lost 1 lb last week on 2 fasts. Very impressed with Skykitty's results. Well done! Enjoy your holiday. Hope I'll be packing new clothes the next holiday too.
29 Mar 2013, 10:36
Yes great results Skykitty, adn thanks for explaining the bmi - apologies if I was being too personal, but I know a bmi of 50 or more would be unusual, so I thought that yours must be an error somewhere.
29 Mar 2013, 10:42
Morning peeps!
Fasting today and I'm gonna test meself for good since I'm doing all kinds of housework AND going to the supermarket later on.
31 posts Page 1 of 3