The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

32 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Fasting Tues 29th
29 Jan 2013, 14:09
LastChance wrote: I'm fasting today too! This is just my second week and third fast. Had breakfast at 06:45, consisting of mushrooms/onions/egg/green things omelette thingie... Is that the veggie frittata?

A fritatta is slightly different in that it's set, and eaten cold. It's my own recipe. Eating it now!
29 Jan 2013, 14:14
Glenda, would you mind sharing the recipe- it's sound so scrummy.

On the home straight now - an hour to dinner and my 500 cals
29 Jan 2013, 14:30
Heat up grill for later.

Chop veggies of choice, fry in a large nonstick (important!) frying pan in 1/2 tsp oil until soft. Try to use veg with lots of flavour, plus garlic.
Beat six eggs and season with salt, pepper and dried herbs of choice. Gently pour eggs over veg.
Turn down heat. Sprinkle over 1oz parmesan or other strong cheese.
When the base is set, put the pan under the grill to cook/lightly brown the top.
Carefully loosen from pan with fish slice and onto a chopping board. Let cool and then chop into thirds - each one will be around 200-220 calories. Voila!
29 Jan 2013, 14:48
hi there all fasters!!! there are a lot of us doing it today- how brilliant to keep eachother going! We have been to work- had a lot of hard physical work- we do gardening and laid about 20 very heavy slabs which had to be dragged across the garden first! Till we have dinner this evening we are in energy saving mode, glad that we can do that really!! But I have to say that our porridge with blueberries is keeping us going very nicely- one word of warning- DO NOT BUY TESCO'S FROZEN BLUEBERRIES- they are horrible.
thanks GLENDA for the lovely receipe!! ursula
29 Jan 2013, 14:52
My pleasure! I went for a brisk 45-minute walk at lunch and felt fine, but that wasn't quite as energetic as your slab dragging!
29 Jan 2013, 15:17
I am on my 2nd fast today and feeling pretty good. I had two ryvita crackerbread with just a tiny scraping of marmite for breakfast and am having turkey breast stir fry for dinner tonight. A cup of veg stock lunchtime helps the tummy rumbles whilst at work. I have found a way of getting rid of the horrible taste in my mouth from drinking water - green tea with mint. This really is refreshing. My husband has started today after listening to Michael's interview last wednesday on radio 2. He is struggling abit as he doesnt drink tea. Only coffee and beer!!! Beer tomorrow he has been told!
29 Jan 2013, 15:24
well done both of you!!! everybody has an interesting story to tell. It is my 2nd fast day today as well and I wish I had done this a long time ago instead of paying all sorts of slimming clubs a lot of money and then putting all the weight back on......
I like this journey where we are in control ourselves!!! ursula
29 Jan 2013, 16:02
I can't believe it's 4pm! I think this is going to be OK.

Can't wait for dinner though.
29 Jan 2013, 16:50
Just wondering whether it's best to have a full 12 hours gap between breakfast and tea/supper? Which would mean waiting until half six or so...
29 Jan 2013, 16:59
Theoretically, probably yes, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.
29 Jan 2013, 17:12
This is my third week on the fast diet and for some reason today seems to dragging!! Especially as I have 2 extra hours at work for the next three weeks. I'm glad I have found this forum as I don't feel any different but I'm keeping to the 500cals (although on my last fast day I went 3 cals over :P) so hopefully will start to feel the effects soon :D
29 Jan 2013, 18:15
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu7eyp ... Qfi08UpS3o

I have just watched this recording- AMAZING!!! eventhough I have read the book- it's good to see this and get it confirmedbthat what we are doing will benefit us!!!
ursula
29 Jan 2013, 18:22
I did fine all day, then I've just had my 500 cal dinner... and now I feel like eating more!!! It's not real hunger, just an imp whispering in my ear that I need something else, arrgh!!!
29 Jan 2013, 19:17
Just had my dinner of baked salmon with a pesto and lemon pepper crust with oven roasted vegetables and am feeling completely stuffed! I didn't manage to eat all the veggies so the meal comes in at under 400 cals I reckon :-)
29 Jan 2013, 19:25
First fast today, I'll introduce myself properly tomoz. I had an omlette this morning around 11, and veg with some baked beans this evening at 5pm. Came in at just over 500 cals for the day. Not feeling too bad, and have got lots of work done today, and done housework, so not bad. Will do 2nd day on Thursday, when I'm at work, not sure how I'll cope with commute on way home, or when to eat.
32 posts Page 2 of 3