The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: 36 hr liquid fast Wed 8 May
08 May 2013, 20:42
It's nice that a 500 calorie meal is still a success! I'm sure I will succumb at some point and can do so guilt free! I'm not viewing 36hr fasts as essential but an added bonus when achieved! I'm off to bed and looking forward to my breakfast!
08 May 2013, 22:54
Baking scones and not tasting is a pretty good achievement!

I agree, it's great to go the 36 hours with liquid only, but if we need that up to 500 calories meal, it's still 100% okay.
08 May 2013, 23:26
I am with you KataMac
I just had my breakfast after 36 liquid fast, my first
I did have calories in some drinks but other than a late afternoon struggle I got through and cals consumed were kept track on MFP . My back up plan was to eat but in the end I managed.
It feels good to have had a go and we''ll see with results if 36 liquid fast becomes my routine
09 May 2013, 06:07
Think I just did a 35hr fast as just nibbled half a bit of toast! Pretty pleased and even managed to resist the bite of my partners burger he insisted on offering me last night! I resisted the sabateur yet again as I knew one bite would leave me wanting more and easier to go without! Well done everyone! Enjoy your food today :0)
09 May 2013, 14:29
I'm at the 18 hour point of my 2nd 36 hr liquid fast this week. First was Tuesday, so ate at 12 noon yesterday and again at 8.30 (probably around 1700-2000 calories) last night - hoping that I can go right through to lunchtime tomorrow as i'm out for a lovely meal in the evening.

The worst part of it is missing out on my evening meal which I really look forward to but to be honest 500 calories isn't much to get too excited about so its not much of a real problem. And the best part is that I must admit to feeling really in control over these fasting periods. My head is in the right place to not give in to food which I can do without - its quite liberating, does anybody else feel the same?
20 posts Page 2 of 2