The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

20 posts Page 2 of 2
hi all friday fasters!! had our third fast day today so weigh-in tomorrow!!! It went well and I kept busy but cleaning for 6 hours and fasting is hard!! am very tired now and looking forward to early night.
I have told lots of people about the 5:2- not many seem to have heard about it- I am thinking of starting a local support group!! Have to find candidates first!! ursula
Fast day for me was going well due to a successful weigh in. then came home to the other half eating dominos pizza!!! That was torture.
Already plotting tomorrows food to include bad things :-(
They are sent to try us x
My second fast day this week went well today. I kept going on black coffee & water until supper at 7-0pm. This was gridled tuna steak with steamed carrots, green beans & courgette with a tablespoon of lemon basmati rice, the Tilda in the bag microwave variety, very easy & tasty. I didn't feel hungry throughout the day apart from frequent loo trips because of all my fluid intake. However I have had a drink of Aero hot chocolate made with water & a splash of milk because of feeling slightly empty, but within 500 cals for the day. Very odd feeling hungry after eating but I didn't sleep all that well after my Monday fast & read others had this problem? so hoping the bedtime drink will help. I am finding it very odd getting used to how my body is reacting to fasting with not being hungry! It feels very counter intuitive but satisfying somehow.
Hope other Friday fasters had a good day. My weigh day is Sunday. I also did some aerobic salsacice this morning.
Isis
;)
Friday was my first fasting day - I felt fine all day but early evening I felf very tired and just wanted to sleep, I kept my self going until 10.00 p.m. and finally gave in to sleep. In the evening I just kept thinking I just have to make it until the morning and I can then have a big breakfast the minute I get up. But when it came to this morning I just didn't feel hungry, just had a cup of tea and a slice of toast.

So I feel very happy about doing this twice a week, its not so bad after all. Looking forward to my second fasting day - Monday.
My first fast day yesterday as well, but only planned to do a 6.30 pm to 6.30 pm fast. I was absolutely ravenous til about 2.30 but sipped green tea to get me over the hurdle. I had porridge with water(100) for b'fast, an m&s cod noodle stir dry for lunch (215) and soup (75) for supper and then the the rest went on fruit nibbles. By the time 6.30 came I was feeling fine, not hungry at all. Today I feel less bloated, energetic and generally healthier. So even if the weight doesn't come off, the feeling of well-being is enough to keep me motivated for the next fast, which I will do tues into wed. R x
20 posts Page 2 of 2