The FastDay Forum

Fasting Windows

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone! It seems everyone in my family has jumped on the fasting bandwagon, so now I am here too.

I am a Weight Watchers member, counting points successfully. I really like Weight Watchers, but I also like the health benefits of fasting I'm reading about.

Specifically, I am interested in time restricted fasting, since 5:2 will not work with Weight Watchers. So 'll be doing 16:8 today along with counting my points. I plan on eating from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. I am hoping it will boost my weight loss along with giving me health benefits (Alzheimers runs in my family).

My family member showed me an email about changes to this forum. Does anyone know what is going on? I just signed up; will I need to sign up again? Thanks.
Hi and welcome :)

We've got quite a few WW/SW convertees here - can I ask why you feel that 5:2 isn't compatible with WW? It's only cutting back for 2 days a week afterall :) I don't know a great deal about WW you see, I have friends who have done SW and combined it with 5:2.

As for the mailout about the changes here, don't worry - we're just getting a fresh new look and some great new features! It's been in the pipeline for a while but as it's going to be launched very soon I wanted to give everyone a heads-up so they're not alarmed if they come along early next week and find it all looks a bit different. You won't have to sign up again, nothing will be lost - though you will need to select a new password (which you'll be prompted to do when it is necessary). Hope that allays any concerns!
Thank you very much! There are tons of Weight Watchers forums out there, but so few fasting ones, and I'm glad I was alerted to this one.

I think I was wrong in saying Weight Watchers wasn't compatible with 5:2. Yes, I know I can count points up to 500 calories on the fasting days, but I guess I'm feeling that is just too low for me, so I would rather eat my full points allowance for the day and just time restrict my fasting.

Thank you very much for answering me.
Hi. I did weightwatchers about 7 years ago and faithfully stuck to my calorie allowance each day for about 6 months and went from 12 stone to my target of 10 stone 6. But it only worked by me counting every single calorie (ww point) that I ever ate every single day. I decided to stop counting and the weight came back quite fast until I put it all back on plus interest of about a stone. I have never been able to lose weight since without starting to count calories and for me thats not the life I want to lead. With fasting the principle is similar to Ww in that to lose weight you have to eat less each week....with fasting you eat less on some days rather than every single day like you have to with Ww .However where fasting interests me is that there is research on lots of health benefits as well as actual weight loss so even I dont lose a single ounce I may be improving my health. The big difference I hsve found so far between the two is that ww never altered my appetite or reduced my cravings and made me obsessive about counting points. After just 2 fasts my eating patterns have changed dramatically. I no longer have the same cravings for carbs.. but when I do eat them on a non fast day I have no guilt....I now eat when I am hungry..I stop when I am full. Another important thing is that the diet industry is not profitting from me..
I am not paying out subscriptions or buying diet foods. Watch this space for my progress but I am optimistic.
Welcome Joyce! Enjoy yr journey! X
Sounds like a plan! I was tempted to try fasting with SW but then thought "what the heck" I didn't want to end up obsessing over food. Thats what I love about fasting. One day I'm good, the next day not so good. I think if I did 5:2 then SW or WW would work well with it on the "feast" days but as I fast every other day, I don't think I'll bother.

Will be interesting to see how you get on. Good luck!

ps I hope this has come out ok. I've left my glasses downstairs and can't see a thing!

:geek:
Hiya @joyceinthemiddle
So are you saying that you think that 500 cals will be too few cals. But you will eat up to this in an eating window?
This works as I did 16.8 over Christmas whilst I was indulging and recovering from a major operation.
There are eating window threads and a very successful bunch of fasters who adhere to this method.
Here are a few links to eating window method groups.

fastonbury-glamping-grounds-f34/the-16-8-tent-and-17-7-18-6-19-5-etc-t11084.html

5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic5557.html?hilit=Eating%20window

Hope this helps and that it gives you done ideas.
Hi @joyceinthemiddle And Welcome I'd like to wish you the very best of luck with your plans :clover: :clover:
I've done WW+SW + most of the rest all worked for a while but non were as sustainable as this WOL for someone like me needing to lose 100lbs plus, I had actually given up on the weightloss game early last year then discovered 5:2 :heart:
Its what works for the individual and last year 4:3 worked very well for me and my 50lbs lost has had dramatic effect on my body shape totally different to any other
weightloss I've had on past "diets"
I certainly hope you get similar results. :clover: :clover: :clover:
Well I think the whole point here is that you do restrict yourself to 500 calories for at least two days a week and that's where the health benefits lie..... or am I mistaken?
9 posts Page 1 of 1